---- 2007-05-02: Version 1.7 (build 1625)

- Change: The treeview in the addtorrent dialog now should have the same border style as the old listview

- Change: The treeview horizontal scrollbar size in the addtorrent dialog is tweaked a bit to more closely match old listview

- Change: A couple more strings I18N'd

- Change: More comprehensive support of unicode pathnames

- Change: Revamped installation backend including better handling of failure cases and checking of NT permissions for determining where to install

- Change: Don't block while waiting to delete from disk

- Fix: Reversed sorting on many listviews

- Fix: Update torrent size after context menu action in addtorrent dialog

- Fix: Memory leaks of directory names and item images in addtorrent dialog treeview

- Fix: Have mousewheel work on controls in modal dialogs even when they don't have focus (i.e. treeview in addtorrent dialog)

- Fix: A few misc memory leaks

- Fix: Get rid of duplicate default button in install dialog - "Yes" should always be the default now

- Fix: The requests column in the peers tab is now sorted by active requests then pending requests, instead of just active requests

- Fix: More tab order fixes to RSS dialog

- Fix: Crash with older versions of RSS history

http://download.utorrent.com/beta/utorrent-1.7-beta-1625.exe

there are no significant changes, no new features (at least what are listed on the changelog), just fixes and the exe is getting bigger and bigger. I wonder what is really happend with this client...

there are no significant changes, no new features (at least what are listed on the changelog), just fixes and the exe is getting bigger and bigger. I wonder what is really happend with this client...

The EXE is like 200kb ... what more do you want? :|

I've been using the latest beta 1.7 and so far no issues.

The EXE is like 200kb ...

thats part of my point. 1.6 has 170KB (compressed). And this one is 200KB (compressed) with no (really) new features. Thats why I was wondeing.

What I want? I want to know exactly whats going on. Nothing more.

thats part of my point. 1.6 has 170KB (compressed). And this one is 200KB (compressed) with no (really) new features. Thats why I was wondeing.

What's going on is few new features, bug fixes (or workarounds), and changes that needs code/modules/functions/resources to be written/added, and that adds to the total file size, it's that simple.

Nah, I think they're just adding spyware to monitor all our downloads. Bittorrent inc is affiliated with movie companies you know. :rolleyes: ;)

Nah, I think they're just adding spyware to monitor all our downloads. Bittorrent inc is affiliated with movie companies you know. :rolleyes: ;)

FUD :rolleyes: ;)

A 30 kb file size increase is nothing compared to many other bloated applications. I'd be quite suspicious if a small increase didn't occur with all bug fixes/minor changes stated in the change log.

Well my guess is what Tantawi said - bug fixes + new features and enhancements most likely are what added up to 30kb more ... but really ... I would only be worried of the file size jumped from 200kb to 4mb.

---- 2007-05-06: Version 1.7 (build 1703)

- Change: Prioritize seed queue based off seed/peer ratio (use_seed_peer_ratio)

- Change: Sort advanced settings by name

- Fix: Some ancient modal dialog bugs where nonmodal dialogs could get activated

- Fix: Bug where one addtorrent dialog could get activated when another was already active

- Fix: Don't repeatedly retry to start if another uTorrent window is discovered but hung

- Fix: uTorrent continues normal startup if another uTorrent instance is detected and exits; previously it would inform the user uTorrent was already running and exit

- Fix: incorrect DHT announce interval

Download: http://download.utorrent.com/beta/utorrent-1.7-beta-1703.exe

• 2 weeks later...
I haven't read the thread but I am curious, isn't torrent considered as a type of warez? Yet it's allowed on Neowin?

No, there are plenty of legal torrents out there. People have to stop thinking that just because someone says "torrent" they are a warez monkey.

I haven't read the thread but I am curious, isn't torrent considered as a type of warez? Yet it's allowed on Neowin?

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.

Bittorrent is a PROTOCOL.

"Bittorrent" is no more Warez than "HTTP" or "FTP".

Well, its the same thing as programs like Limewire, though to a lesser extent. Limewire isn't illegal but the content shared by many using Limewire is. Torrents are the same exact thing.

Well, its the same thing as programs like Limewire, though to a lesser extent. Limewire isn't illegal but the content shared by many using Limewire is. Torrents are the same exact thing.

Except that Bittorrent has a lot more legitimate uses than Limewire ever did, though obviously piracy is still its number one usage.

http://download.utorrent.com/beta/utorrent-1.7-beta-2132.exe

2007-05-27: Version 1.7 (build 2132)

- Change: RSS title parsing

- Change: Detect external IP

2007-05-22: Version 1.7 (build 1977)

- Change: use radio marks for Bandwidth Allocation menu items instead of check marks

- Fix: When installing to user profile directory uTorrent now tries to be smarter in choosing a localized program files directory name

- Fix: Work around a Wine bug where getsockname() returns success but keeps passed in port at 0 if socket already bound; thus uTorrent would itself reset back to port 0 if it was already in use

- Fix: Don't scroll general tab horizontally since it has no horizontal scrollbar