Halo 3 BETA dates revealed, Halo 3 ViDoc

The Vidoc is awesome, look at the bubble grenade!!!

I can't wait for the beta, i never really played the other Halo's online but i think i'll give this one a try.

The trip-mine looks awesome :woot:

I hope they fix the ragdolls

Its like they mixed animation with ragdolls - but it just looks stupid :(

Rest looks awesome tho

I noticed that, but did you miss the part where they said it is going to be alpha build in ViDoc ?

Personally I hope they improve upon the graphics (they probably already did since this is supposed to be aplha)...there is something odd about it. It's just too glossy!

I noticed that, but did you miss the part where they said it is going to be alpha build in ViDoc ?

Personally I hope they improve upon the graphics (they probably already did since this is supposed to be aplha)...there is something odd about it. It's just too glossy!

Thats an alpha? :o

When is this game coming out? 20009?

Finished-product should look awesom?r then:pp

so is the X button trip mines or shield grenade? That video was awesome.....I'm saddened about the beta time-frame though. Shadowrun has been going on for months!

I'm going to be the ###### constantly getting sniped when I man-cannon myself....I can just see it now :/

so is the X button trip mines or shield grenade? That video was awesome.....I'm saddened about the beta time-frame though. Shadowrun has been going on for months!

I'm going to be the ###### constantly getting sniped when I man-cannon myself....I can just see it now :/

Exactly, and I'm going to be the punk constantly sniping you when you man-can yourself....I can just see it now :D

God I love sniping :)

Exactly, and I'm going to be the punk constantly sniping you when you man-can yourself....I can just see it now :D

God I love sniping :)

lol I can't wait....will you have a 360 during the beta?

Anyone who bought crackdown just to play the halo3 beta is a fool.

I'm not a fool, just a big halo fanboy... and 60 dollars isn't really that much anyways...

Three weeks seems a little short for me. Too bad I am not in the beta. :p

I think this is just to test their multiplayer ...not the whole game. That's why you can do just MP during beta.

I think this is just to test their multiplayer ...not the whole game. That's why you can do just MP during beta.

I think the problem is people forget that is just a beta - its purpose is for testing to eliminate bugs and such. Three weeks is probably plenty of time to fix bugs considering the amount of people that will be playing (and actually looking for bugs). Buying Crackdown (regardless that it is infact an awesome game) purely to play on a beta is ridiculous. Of course, if you won it by other means, then there's no problem, because you didnt pay for it.

The multiplayer vidoc was so awesome!

Get it right Crackdown was $60, halo3 beta was free.

Anyone who bought crackdown just to play the halo3 beta is a fool.

Wrong!

MS had to give away Crackdown as an added bonus to paying the 60 dollar bill just to play Halo 3 Beta for three weeks; sweetens the deal.

Anyone who bought Crackdown just to play Crackdown is a fool.

By the look of the vidoc I'd say Halo 3 needs more motion blur and bloom.

Okay, maybe not bloom, but the motion blur wouldn't hurt.

Then again Frankie did say that the viddoc was done using an alpha build, hope the real thing looks more next-gen. I'm not saying it looked bad, it's just a little less 'flashy' than I'd expect. And no, I'm not a graphics ######, but games released on the 360 should still use it's full potential. And don't flame, I'm sure bungie will realize this potential.

Anyways..

OMG HALO 3 OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Don't care about playing the beta, but is the ViDoc available on XBLM?

It's on but only in 720p at ~300 megabytes.

Anyways, I can't wait! I'm assuming it's only 3 weeks so we don't want us to keep filing or spreading glitches during the summer or fall when they're manufacturing the final discs. It would be a hassle to patch so many glitches right after the game is released.

The gameplay of Halo 3 looks exciting, I can't wait. ON the flip side though, it seems to have borrowed some ideas from BF 2 (trip mine). I'm not sure how much this will change how most people have played Halo now for over 7 years, I'm feeling good about it. I continue to hope and pray that the engine is tweaked to have a greater Halo 1 feel to it.

PS, did anyone else notice the H1 forerunner bridge reference?

What a nice birthday present it would be from MS to get me into the beta :p

Seriously though, the 16th of May is my b-day, but I'm not in the Beta because I didn't win a contest and didn't want to shell out for Crackdown.

I'll live though, considering the game comes out this year :D

-Spenser

What a nice birthday present it would be from MS to get me into the beta :p

Seriously though, the 16th of May is my b-day, but I'm not in the Beta because I didn't win a contest and didn't want to shell out for Crackdown.

I'll live though, considering the game comes out this year :D

-Spenser

If it is coming out this year, and it's still in the alpha phase - they better get started :s