Opera 9.20 final

B0rked my search.ini and wouldn't let me switch the .com to .co.uk, rolled back to 9.10 and it b0rked my ability to find in page. This sort of thing should have been fixed in beta.

Those are changelogs for the beta, not the final release notes. An indication, but not complete.

News updated...

Changelog

Since Beta: http://www.opera.com/docs/changelogs/windo...0/sincebeta.dml

Since 9.1: http://www.opera.com/docs/changelogs/windows/920/

Linux: http://www.opera.com/docs/changelogs/linux/920/

Mac: http://www.opera.com/docs/changelogs/mac/920/

educate me here..

Why is Opera such a good browser compared to FF? I'm not a FF fan but I like to use it, I just don't see a difference except in the UI..

educate me here..

Why is Opera such a good browser compared to FF? I'm not a FF fan but I like to use it, I just don't see a difference except in the UI..

Not the smartest question to ask 'round here. do a search, it's been discussed to death here.

my advice is try it and decide for yourself.

Not the smartest question to ask 'round here. either do a search, it's been discussed to death here.

my advice is try it and decide for yourself.

fine...

Well, I'll be nicer than a certain someone above and actually post something that helps you out:

Opera is, in theory, the anti-Firefox. While Firefox is bare bones and lets the user add or drop features at will, Opera includes a ton of features from the get go, saving you the time of searching for an extension or plugin.

There are difference in the rendering engine and such, but the core philosophy of "bare bones vs fully loaded" is the big difference in terms of usability.

Well, I'll be nicer than a certain someone above and actually post something that helps you out:

Opera is, in theory, the anti-Firefox. While Firefox is bare bones and lets the user add or drop features at will. Opera includes a ton of features from the get go, saving you the time of searching for an extension or plugin.

There are difference in the rendering engine and such, but the core philosophy of "bare bones vs fully loaded" is the big difference in terms of usability.

ahh, kind of like the 360 Core and Elite.. not trying to get off topic here just for comparision

I wish Firefox and Opera would both offer Vista enhanced interfaces for those of us who have migrated to the OS.

I use Opera with Windows Vista and I would not like this kind of interface under Opera. :no:

didn't mean to come off as rude. i only gave that responce cause i've seen how easily something as simple as an answer to why one would be over the other or what one does that that the other doesn't could escalate to something also redundant on the forums.

fine...

bangbang came up with the perfect answer though, sry once again if i came off as rude, wasn't the intention.

i'll add my 2cents then. i find that people find themselves adding extensions to firefox just to end up doing the things opera already has built-in.

didn't mean to come off as rude. i only gave that responce cause i've seen how easily something as simple as an answer to why one would be over the other or what one does that that the other doesn't could escalate to something also redundant on the forums.

bangbang came up with the perfect answer though, sry once again if i came off as rude, wasn't the intention.

i'll add my 2cents then. i find that people find themselves adding extensions to firefox just to end up doing the things opera already has built-in.

that's ok.. miscommunication happens. it's the interweb after all

man.. I gotta install flash player again in fiesty fawn.. where do I begin.. :pinch:

educate me here..

Difference between Opera and Firefox are mainly these:

* Opera exists for virtually every platform, Firefox does not

* Opera uses approximately two-thirds the amount of memory of Firefox

* Opera is optimized for speed and renders pages faster

* Opera Software strives to always have the latest bleeding edge technology built-in the browser (latest additions are canvas, SSE, SVG)

* Built-in tools for web developers

* All W3C standards are followed to 100%

Please remember I'm not a fanboy - just giving you the hard facts.