[AUS:Perth]Man considered killing sex slave: court

Man considered killing sex slave: court

Man considered killing sex slave: court

A Perth man admits he and his boyfriend talked about killing a boy they kidnapped and sexually abused for three weeks.

On a police video shown at the lovers' conspiracy to murder trial, Robbie Sebastian Wheeler, 43, admits killing the teenager would have solved the problem of what to do with him.

But Wheeler said he could never have gone through it.

"I could never kill him, he's a nice kid," Wheeler said on the video.

Wheeler and his boyfriend, Victor Leslie Urquhart, 46, who is HIV positive, have both admitted to kidnapping, indecently dealing with and sexually penetrating the then 14-year-old boy between August 30 and September 19, 2005.

But the pair insist they are not guilty of conspiring to kill the boy, the offence for which they are being tried in the West Australian District Court.

In the video-taped interview, Wheeler was questioned about bushland that had been marked out in a Perth street directory.

He initially claimed the marked areas were places he planned to take Urquhart on a picnic, or a bushwalk, "to escape reality" following the kidnapping.

But police called that a "lame excuse" and put it to Wheeler that the marked areas were places he planned to dispose of the boy's body.

Police suggested to him that murder was an option because the lovers knew if they released the teenager they would be caught and sent to prison.

"That would solve our problems, but we'd have to live with it for the rest of our lives," Wheeler said on the video.

"It crossed my mind for two seconds."

Wheeler said on the video that he and Urquhart discussed killing the boy, but Urquhart was against it.

"I said: 'Let's get rid of him', and Victor goes: 'I can't do that, I'm not a killer'."

Urquhart's lawyer, Hylton Quail, has previously told the court his client may have had a "sick fantasy" to kill the boy but there was never an actual conspiracy to do so.

Wheeler on Monday told the court he and Urquhart planned to go on the run and tell the police where the boy was.

In court on Tuesday, Dr Janine Spencer, who examined the teenager following his ordeal, said the boy had tested negative to HIV.

The court has heard Wheeler lured the boy back to his home by offering him marijuana and an Xbox.

The teenager was freed three weeks later when a real estate agent, who had seen the accused talking to the boy, picked out Wheeler from a photo identification board and police raided his house.

Source:The Age

These men should be hung by their testicles.

the poor kid probably has HIV now.

In court on Tuesday, Dr Janine Spencer, who examined the teenager following his ordeal, said the boy had tested negative to HIV.

He doesn't have it now. But, that doesn't mean that it won't appear. Poor kid.

Edited by t_r_nelson