Nvidia Forceware 158.18

I dont see much fo a difference between these and the old ones, everything works pretty mucht he same to me. The main thing about these drivers that I like is that they finally decided to rearrange the control panel. You can select things from the side, like the old one. I still prefer the old panel but them getting rid of those stupid menus makes this new one a whole lot more manageable for me.

I dont see much fo a difference between these and the old ones, everything works pretty mucht he same to me. The main thing about these drivers that I like is that they finally decided to rearrange the control panel. You can select things from the side, like the old one. I still prefer the old panel but them getting rid of those stupid menus makes this new one a whole lot more manageable for me.

I actually felt the opposite from you, but after playing around with it I agree. Its way easier to get around instead of clicking on an icon and having to go back and forth.

Ya...these drivers will not allow 100hz... :angry: Although the jump in performance from previous drivers is on track but still not there. I tested three games and compared them between XP and new Vista drivers. The following numbers are avg fps with FRAPS with all settings maxed on a SLI machine(Madden07 Vista 58.984 - Madden07 XP 59.538) (Battlefield2142 Vista 34.620 - Battlefield2142 XP 47.268) (Shadowbane Vista 70.797 - Shadowbane XP 57.117). As you can see the only game that shows an improvement in fps on Vista with new drivers is Shadowbane. Madden is the same and Battlefield2142 was a downgrade. Yes, I'm impressed with the jump for Shadowbane although BF2142 means more to me. I have a feeling that the next release will be just right. And hopefully I get my 100HZ back!

And where are ATi's drivers? Seems to me that they just put half of the people off it with the $611 million loss they got :shifty: (sarcasm)!

And where are ATi's drivers? Seems to me that they just put half of the people off it with the $611 million loss they got :shifty: (sarcasm)!

ATI just came out with new drivers. :blink:

im wondering what these are like with the 6600GT? does anyone have this card and these drivers?

are there any improvments in this version from the 101.41??

Running on a 6600GT AGP here. I didn't measure exact results, But both Aero and games I've tried seem to run at least 10% quicker and smoother. I've tried Pro Evolution Soccer 6 and Guild Wars, As well as some smaller, older games. The new control panel is better in the sense it actually listens to most of your choices :p

grrrr ill stick with running these drivers i dont like anything beta

i have tried the betas but kept giving me problems in americas army

ForceWare Release 90

Version: 93.71

Release Date: November 2, 2006

WHQL Certified

So if I already have this installed, don't need to reinstall with the WHQL?

I doubt it.. They both appear to have the same build number.. The WHQL would just mean that under Vista X64 you would not have the unsigned driver prompt.

(please note: I could be wrong.. there may be slight differences, but you'd think they would upgrade the build number if they changed it for the WHQL drivers)

I'm back to getting "A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly" error with these. Whatever the stock Windows drivers are don't give me any issues. Vista Ultimate 32 bit, 7800GT

The 158.18 betas and the 158.18 WHQL might be different, because when i installed the beta, my 2D acceleration died (as in menus took ages to appear) but it appears to have been fixed on the WHQL ones.