Nvidia Forceware 158.18

How are you people installing these? I never have any problems with drivers. Make sure you uninstall the old ones. Boot up in safe mode and use Drive Cleaner pro. Then use cCleaner registry issue scanner and clean out all Nvidia files. Boot up in normal mode and install the drivers ,should work great. I made a modified inf file to make these work on XP.

I'm having terrible luck with them, haven't tried the leaked 165s yet. Same problems have been displayed since before the 100.65 (tried 100.65, 101.70, 158.18, and whatever was just before 100.65). But here are what I'm seeing:

This is what you see when Vista asks for your permission to do something. Notice how the continue button isn't even visible initially.

Now the continue button appears when the mouse is hovered over where you guess the button to be.

That is what happens if you open an app that forces it into classic mode.

login screen (obviously)

Motherboard chipset drivers are updated, motherboard bios is up to date, not temperature related - happens on cold boot at login screen - doesn't get worse in games, RAM is fine (memtested).

Setup is dual monitor (benq 20.1) with an AGP eVGA 7800GS CO (at shipped speeds, not overclocked past what evga did). No evident problems in XP.

Previous drivers have been uninstalled through removing via the new add/remove program thing whatever its called.

Vista 32bit.

I get exactly the same here on my AGP 7600GS. If I drop back to the drivers that ship with Vista then there are no problems. It's a PITA.

After extensive testing with games between XP and Vista with these new Nvidia Vista drivers I have concluded that the new Vista drivers are better than the older Nvidia Vista drivers. These drivers still fall short especially for SLI. I am seeing only about a few fps difference between single GPU and all the SLI modes. Basically SLI is crap still with the new Nvidia Vista drivers and probably 99% ineffective. Yes the drivers have increased their performance 100% from what we had but still not there yet for SLI users. In XP I get almost a 20fps jump from single GPU to any SLI mode. With Vista 158 ...nothing. I hope the next build resolves the SLI performance issue!