How to uninstall mDNSResponder.exe?

How to uninstall mDNSResponder.exe?

I don't even know how it was installed into my computer. Google it shows that it's a process for Apple iTunes. But I don't even own one.

Or do I just stop the process from running onstart?

I think its the service that allows your computer to share the library with other computers, which would explain why there is references to iTunes

"mDNSResponder.exe" is not just associated with iTunes, when you install the new Adobe CS3 applications, "mDNSResponder.exe" is installed somewhere in the install process. I don't have iTunes on my machine, but after installing two Adobe CS3 apps, that file popped up "mDNSResponder.exe"

No wonder I only got it recently. c ause i installed CS3 :p

thanks!

Yup, only way I knew it was installed on my machine was ZoneAlarm prompted about that file/service.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
this has been on my computer too the folder name is "bonjour" for some strange reason

Bonjour is Apple's service discovery protocol which allows for the sharing of your iTunes library, for example, devices that can be shared such as printers, and other network services.

DOH!! I used the utility and it turned it off, but how do i turn it back on?? I thought it would give me a choice as opposed to just doing it.

DOH!! I used the utility and it turned it off, but how do i turn it back on?? I thought it would give me a choice as opposed to just doing it.

Hahah :D Why did u even turn it off :D

• 3 months later...

Official article from Adobe. Describes how to correct the service name, as well.

Adobe Creative Suite 3 and Creative Suite 3 components install Bonjour (Windows)

http://www.adobe.com/go/kb400982

The just of removal...

1. "C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe -remove"

2. Rename the mdnsNSP.dll file

3. Reboot

4. Delete the Bonjour folder

i used the exe from above, then used process explorer to see what still had a handle on the mdnsnsp.dll.... then killed all of those procs.. killing the svchost is fatal, but i had enough time to rename the dll, (anything).... then reboot, and you can delete the bonjour folder. :)