Audio capturing Device

Hello,

Can someone recommend some type of Audio capture device like a live drive or an audigy drive? I'm wanting one to put my friends band onto my computer. I need input for a guitar, drums, microphone, etc. I would need it to be compatible with a laptop, cuz thats whats i'm probably going to capture it all on.

-Han

Capturing it all at once? You're going to need a USB or Firewire interface from like M-Audio, Edirol, Motu, Digidesign. It can be very expensive to get something able to record all the inputs.

What software are you going to use? Pro-Tools, Cubase, etc. ?

Would you be doing each instrument seperately? As Co_Co says it'll get expensive to get an interface with all the inputs.

The one I use currently, the M-Audio Fast Track Pro, you could have 2 microphones (vocals, and backing, or drum w/e. Phantom Power also ;)) and 2 guitars plugged in at the same time. Its reasonably cheap for what it does... http://www.dv247.com/invt/29998/

if you do it properly and mic every drum and cymbol, you're going to be needing a lot of inputs. This will be pretty expensive and there is no way the fast track would be able to do it all properly

• 2 weeks later...

How much money do you have to spend? Do you have any microphones already, how many? Do you want to record guitars direct (straight into an audio interface) or do you have amplifiers you want to use?