DX9 Final

::::Whistler::::

How do you know so much? DO you work for microsoft? I think you just THINK you know it all.

Yes I am involved with Microsoft.

...and all I am saying is that DirectX9 has not been announced as Final, yet!

...and it just so happens that DirectX9 RC2 has the same build number as the build you believe to be *Final*.

/end

So why does the final have the same build number as RC2 or whatever now? I thought there where bugs in the RC, did they not fix them and just release it or did they not update the build number?

So why does the final have the same build number as RC2 or whatever now? I thought there where bugs in the RC, did they not fix them and just release it or did they not update the build number?

Means that just like *all* Microsoft Software there is a "Known Issue" Log.

No software is perfect.

For anyone that has an AIW Radeon 8500DV, guess it applies if you have any other AIW Radeon cards as well,... anyways go to Start -> Programs -> ATI MultiMedia Center -> Configure -> PC Check,... and run the test. Tells me Directx isnt installed correctly. Wondering if anyone else gets that message.

Unless I don't know what I'm talking about, the Direct3D is not the only part of DirectX. The audio/2d/input drivers have probably been improved as well, and even if it won't improve the speed, it includes the latest version of many core components, which is a good thing. :p

But what you are asking is if DX9 will make the games use it. It will, but it won't use all the cool features. So there is no reason NOT to upgrade, but it probably will be little difference.

i just hit the page again and i got:

The download you requested is unavailable.  If you continue to see this message when trying to access this download, you might try the "Search for a Download" area on the Download Center home page.

:huh: