[Boxing] De La Hoya vs. Mayweather

LMAO, remember his entrance.. that was the best, the guy wore a sumbraro! everyone at the bar started cheering and laughing

the fight was mildly entertaining.. wasn't too much awesome action. Mayweather was joking around for a bit, smiling, dancing around, and he didn't use his right till the end of the 4th round.

i wanted to see a knockdown :(

OMG, I did not want Mayweather to win. Blllaahhh

He is retired now...all those belts vacant... :pinch:

He is retired now...all those belts vacant... :pinch:

He does not hold all those belts currently, they are part of the collection that he won over the years.

Mayweather is a boxer. He didn't show the heart of a lion against a solid champion in DLH. DLH had to be the aggressor all night or we may not have even watched a fight at all. Mayweather proved to be faster and have more wind in the end.

Did anyone see the announcement for Hopkins vs. Wright? Could be the first time Wright gets knocked out in his career.

He does not hold all those belts currently, they are part of the collection that he won over the years.

Mayweather is a boxer. He didn't show the heart of a lion against a solid champion in DLH. DLH had to be the aggressor all night or we may not have even watched a fight at all. Mayweather proved to be faster and have more wind in the end.

Did anyone see the announcement for Hopkins vs. Wright? Could be the first time Wright gets knocked out in his career.

Hopkins still has it I think...those matches against Taylor were weak but after he duffed up Tarver he looked good again...

I agree. At the end it was Speed vs Power (heart). I think that DLH did stand a chance, if not a big one.

Changing your trainer before that magnitude of a fight is a bad decision but i would have done the same.

I was gonna stay up and watch this but thought against it in the end because I just felt Mayweather would win...and I was right oh well Hoya can now go away with a nice massive paycheck and his head held up high and retire or maybe theres a rematch in the golden boy? :D

This was the rematch

Mayweather is pound for pound one of the best 'boxers' I've had the privilege of watching. Imagine if he had the grit like Paquiao. That would be the toughest fighter ever.

What I hate about Mayweather is he is a role model for quite a few misguided kids. The boy has no integrity. Mayweather won, but it did not increase his fan base unfortunately.

Hopkins still has it I think...those matches against Taylor were weak but after he duffed up Tarver he looked good again...

Its rare to see such a huge 'quit' expression on a boxer's face up close in a professional fight. Tarver lost huge in the mental department. Hopkins put a whooping on him.

Seems Mayweather may not be hanging up the gloves...

Floyd Mayweather's uncle and trainer says his nephew is unlikely to quit boxing following his defeat of Oscar de la Hoya in Las Vegas on Saturday.

The 30-year-old Mayweather immediately reiterated his intention to retire following his split decision win.

But Roger Mayweather said: "Floyd ain't quitting. Too much of this money will make a dead man walk.

"If I'm Oscar de la Hoya, I'm thinking, 'Why not fight Floyd again? Look at the money we made.'"

De la Hoya, 34, reportedly made ?12.5m for the contest at the MGM Grand and Mayweather ?5m, and that before pay-per-view revenues have been counted.

If Mayweather does keep his word, he will become only the third fighter in history, after Rocky Marciano and Mexican strawweight Ricardo Lopez, to retire as an undefeated and globally recognised world champion.

Mayweather's mind might be made up by the decision of De la Hoya, who has been told by his business partner and closest confidant Richard Schaefer to go home and give his future careful consideration.

Schaefer said: "Oscar is such a great champion, he gave the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world an amazing fight.

"What he needs to do is get some distance from this fight, and see what he wants to do.

"A great champ like Oscar deserves when he retires for it to be his decision, and his only. If he retires, he does so off a great performance. Oscar has nothing left to prove."

Mayweather's split-decision win may only have been questioned in the most vociferously pro-De la Hoya quarters, but it effectively gives a mandate for another meeting.

Im so happy that May won :D, DLH was like funny when he started throwing punches like he was swimming in the air and doing nothing.