Do you use the "QuickLaunch?"

How many users use the QuickLaunch?  

386 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the Quicklaunch Menu?

• Yes
    • No

I'm crazy with docks:

- Stardock ObjectDock 1.0 (I don't care for the newer version - just like the look of the older version) docked and auto-hidden on the top.

- Sony VAIO Launcher docked and auto-hidden on the right

- Vista Sidebar with all gadgets on the first of 4 columns set to 20% Opacity

- Quick-Launch enabled on double-height Taskbar, with Quick-Launch on the bottom

Yes, it sounds crazy - but that's just me :woot:

--ScottKin

I have no icons in the QuickLaunch, nor on the desktop. I do have a few of my core programs (like Opera and uTorrent, as well as my Recycle Bin) on my RK Launcher, but everything else is in the Start menu, with all the games chucked into one folder.

I use TrueLaunchBar.

QuickLaunc is just too inferior to TrueLaunchBar.

Can't live without it. Got 1 menu for progs, one for folders, one for IE and quick URL shortcuts, and one for desktop.

Nope, never used QuickLaunch. I also hate it how every setup program insists on putting a shortcut in the QuickLaunch. I hate it so much that I've made a program that automatically unchecks the options to put shortcuts in the QuickLaunch :)

I'm more of a keyboard guy and have setup hotkeys to launch all the programs I need. I also use SlickRun, which compliments the Windows' Run very well.

Hotkeys, Run & SlickRun are all that I need to access my programs. I never use the Start Menu, or even the icons on my Desktop! :)

It doesn't look like you can minimize with the objectdock free version, only the pay.

Also, for those running those "dock" programs, where do you put your bottom bar with the windows start icon? On top of the screen?

I like to keep icons/files on the desktop to a minimum. I use quick launch for almost all of my icons and have My Computer and Recycle Bin on the desktop.

I've used it when it appeared in the latter updates for Win 95.

I keep: Opera, EssentialPIM, Musicmatch, Live Messenger, Skype, DVB-TPlayer, SyncToy, Internet Explorer, and Show Desktop.

I don't use it :) I have a True Launch Bar.

Same here.... can't believe they never took some of the idea's and added it to vista's quicklaunch...

I've always hated the 'quicklaunch' bar. Tried to use it once, and thought that it took way too much screen for what it does. I'd rather use that space to show opened programs.

As for the "Show Desktop" icon, just remember "Window Key"+D

-shad

I used to only have 6 icons in windows xp but for some reason when i came into vista i now have 8, i think there spot on and make things ALOT easier !!!

firefox, notepad and explorer in my quick launch

use them all day, everyday

i'd be so lost without em :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

I use it to launch 90% of the programs I use throughout a typical day, which launch in one click instead of 4 or 5 when going through the start menu.

On mine now:

Show desktop

Flip-3D

Internet Explorer 7

Console (Cmd.exe wrapper, for picture backgrounds in the cmd.exe window mainly.)

Windows Media Player

Emule