Gmail doubles attachment size to 20 MB

Agree. Although it's almost pointless to have 2 gigs or more space for your inbox, when you can send and receive (from other mails) such a small attachments.

Agree. Although it's almost pointless to have 2 gigs or more space for your inbox, when you can send and receive (from other mails) such a small attachments.

:yes:

I dont think so. It's a case of you not having to worry about the space. Gmail was never intended as a file storage mechanism and if storring large files is what you want to do theres other sites that'll meet those needs.

Yeah, I agree that attachment sizes feels more important than whatever they do to storage space. Over 1 GB and I'm not really bothered by it, but larger attachments can often feel useful. :)

Sort of pointless when you can't email zip files. :(

you CAN... you just can't e-mail zip files with executables.

Sort of pointless when you can't email zip files. :(

Just RAR it ;)

Its about time they double this, i had to use yousendit or others alike to send something i wanted with more than 10MG.

Thanks for the info

You CAN...you just have to rename the extension to something else. ;)

It's nice to have all that space.. I'm using 21% of it.

You CAN...you just have to rename the extension to something else. ;)
heh yea, just rename the extension lol.

Just so you know, Gmail has started scanning within RAR. And worse, it even scans renamed RARs. So far I haven't figure out a way around it. :pinch:

Just so you know, Gmail has started scanning within RAR. And worse, it even scans renamed RARs. So far I haven't figure out a way around it. :pinch:

Password the archive. That should work

wow, i didn't know that...

but 20megs is nice, just to be able to use it if needed

what about RAR'ing the RAR file... for ZIPing it...

Sweet. I've hit the silly 10Mb attachment limit in the past, so this is good news for me.

P.S I'm using 20% of my storage.