{Lightroom} Images look different than Explorer!

I have the latest version of Lightroom, got it for $99! :yes: (Y)

Anyways, this is my first proper image manipulation program and it is a bit confusing in its layout and operation. When I import the photos into Lightroom they look very 'saturated' and the colors are totally off (I don't know any other way to say it). Check the attachment, the photo was taken by my phone in broad daylight with the default settings. The same photo when viewed in windows picture and fax viewer looks normal, but when imported into Lightroom looks like... that. Any possible reasons?

post-38146-1180498200.jpg

are you importing jpg or RAW files.. if you're importing RAW files you will have to adjust the white balance or have it auto adjust for you.

Bubbabyte: No camera phone on the market currently saves in the .RAW format

I'd check over the settings, you might have the wrong colour presets selected

You can specify what color space to use in Lightroom but also make sure that your monitor is set to use the same color profile. Across the board I use Adobe RGB despite people ranting and raving over ProPhoto RGB or sRGB. I also have my Nikon camera set to convert to Adobe RGB and when I process some of my RAW files in Nikon Capture I also make sure it's exporting the same. You will see a lot of difference if your monitor and applications are configured to use different color spaces from one another.