iPhone coming out June 29th

The iPhone sounds really great but it blows majorly how it's only for AT&T. I'm with T-Mobile...and because I won't switch companies, I won't buy the iPhone...unless it's unlockable. :wink wink:

I wonder if T-Mobile has anything in store to compete with AT&T/Apple's iPhone.

T-Mobile just came out with the Wing which is the follow up to the MDA.

Also, with regard to the Treos, they are beyond awful for watching movies. They have a 240x240 screen which is...odd to say the least.

T-Mobile just came out with the Wing which is the follow up to the MDA.

Yeah but the Wing's not in the same "hypeness" as the iPhone...lol! I don't know how to describe it...but you know what I mean.

Is the Wing a touchscreen too?

This will take like 2 more years to start shipping in Australia.. God i hate this country sometimes.

Tell me about it.

But with my battery on my 2 year old mp3 iAudio player starting to go I'm more interested in the new iPod Hard disk based lineup which I doubt we will hear alot about until these are on the market in June. However I would love to see this phone in action and will have to wait. By the time they are available in AUS we'll probably be getting a 2nd or 3rd gen product.

Can someone please please tell me if I can use Iphone with T-mobile? What will happen if I go to Apple store and purchase an empty iphone without contract and pop-in my T-mobile SIM card? Will it work?

Thanks

Can someone please please tell me if I can use Iphone with T-mobile? What will happen if I go to Apple store and purchase an empty iphone without contract and pop-in my T-mobile SIM card? Will it work?
No, the iPhone will only work with the AT&T/Cingular network.

No, the iPhone will only work with the AT&T/Cingular network.

Hows that possible? why cant someone switch the SIM card since T-mobile uses the same one as ATT/CINGULAR? Furthermore, the bands that the Iphone feauters totally agree with T-mobile? So why wont it work with T-mobile? Did Steve Jobs say that it is locked for ONLY Cinuglar/ATT or you guys just guessing?

Thanks

Hows that possible? why cant someone switch the SIM card since T-mobile uses the same one as ATT/CINGULAR? Furthermore, the bands that the Iphone feauters totally agree with T-mobile? So why wont it work with T-mobile? Did Steve Jobs say that it is locked for ONLY Cinuglar/ATT or you guys just guessing?

Thanks

You can't buy one from an apple store or from apple.com. It can only come from a att wireless store.

^no the iPhone will be available from the retail Apple store, but I am not sure about the online store.

Apple and Cingular/at&t have a mutual contract, and the phone is probably locked for at&t. I am not sure what could be done or the possibilities of it being unlocked is, you will find out eventually.

You can't buy one from an apple store or from apple.com. It can only come from a att wireless store.

I think you are wrong. I think Steve Jobs said that the product will be on sale on all AT&T stores and Apple stores. I am very possitive that i heard/read that somewhere.

Thanks

I think you are wrong. I think Steve Jobs said that the product will be on sale on all AT&T stores and Apple stores. I am very possitive that i heard/read that somewhere.

Thanks

I might be but my local store manager said the phone was a store only buy. Meaning you could only get thru att.

Why would ATT make a phone that won't support 3g? Beside, I will stick with the blackjack. Does everything that the iphone will and more. Plus it is the microsd slot for expansion.

Wifi, touchscreen, good ui, etc....I could go on. I had the blackjack and the thing I hated most about it was the terrible ui.

I won't be getting it simply because of the price. No way my company buys a phone for $600. Do we even know what the plans will be?

I think it is only available at AT&T stores, Apple won't carry it because they can't setup AT&T accounts.

AT&T Mobility, formerly Cingular Wireless, will be the exclusive carrier of the iPhone in the United States and will remain so until 2009. The iPhone may be purchased only with a two-year service plan with AT&T.

http://money.cnn.com/2007/01/09/technology..._jobs/index.htm & http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file...MNGMPNG4LL1.DTL

Wifi, touchscreen, good ui. I had the blackjack and the thing I hated most about it was the terrible ui.

That's what I hate about most of the Smartphones, which is why I've resisted getting one.

Wifi, touchscreen, good ui, etc....I could go on. I had the blackjack and the thing I hated most about it was the terrible ui.

I won't be getting it simply because of the price. No way my company buys a phone for $600. Do we even know what the plans will be?

I would never buy that expensive of a phone. But my bet is that you can get any of the phone plans on it and then also must have the pda connect plan (39.99/month) or the mediamaxx (29.99/month)

I would never buy that expensive of a phone. But my bet is that you can get any of the phone plans on it and then also must have the pda connect plan (39.99/month) or the mediamaxx (29.99/month)

Yeah I had thought that. But I can also see ATT adding a new 'iPhone' plan at a higher premium.

What's the big deal over the Lamborghini? It's just an overpriced car and the trunk space stinks compared to my Kia Spectre!

Oh, wait...wrong discussion. :whistle:

what's the big deal about 3g? what does 3g capability let you do?

Basically what 3g service in the US is: http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-11288_7-5664933-1.html?tag=arw

It's a little outdated but still good.

Mostly everyone is complaing that apple/att is building this next-gen phone that has all these features but lacks 3g. It's like building a formula 1 racing car but putting in a chevy aveo engine.

what's the big deal about 3g? what does 3g capability let you do?

Download stuff at high speeds. I've never used it because my phones have WiFi.

I have a 2-year contract with Verizon that I committed to in Decemeber in order to get the LG Chocolate. How much do you think it'd cost to end the contract?

I have a 2-year contract with Verizon that I committed to in Decemeber in order to get the LG Chocolate. How much do you think it'd cost to end the contract?

It's usually like a $175 or $200 early termination fee.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that 'out in June' equates to 'out at almost the end of June' instead of first week of June as I was hoping.

Still would love to get one.

It's usually like a $175 or $200 early termination fee.

Well hell, that's much better than I imagined. It looks like I'm getting an iPhone!