[Olympics] London 2012 Logo Revealed

_43005619_london_new_pink_203.gif

The logo for the 2012 Olympics has been unveiled in the most significant move since London won the Games.

The jagged emblem, based on the date 2012, comes in a series of shades of pink, blue, green and orange and will evolve in the run-up to the Games.

"This is the vision at the very heart of our brand," said London 2012 organising committee chairman Seb Coe.

"It will define the venues we build and the Games we hold and act as a reminder of our promise to use the Olympic spirit to inspire everyone and reach out to young people around the world.

"It is an invitation to take part and be involved.

"We will host a Games where everyone is invited to join in because they are inspired by the Games to either take part in the many sports, cultural, educational and community events leading up to 2012 or they will be inspired to achieve personal goals."

Tis a weird logo...not sure about it :unsure:

When I first saw this I was wandering what our country has been wasting our money on and thinking it was ugly. But after seeing the adverts on the news I realise I hate the adverts and for some reason I started to like the logo. Anyway whatever we came up with everyone would have a go at them but at least with this it will be a bit different from just the rings.

The 0 and the last 2 (on the right) look like a guy with big hair doing...something...to the shape on the left.

That's just what I saw :p I'm sure it'll grow on me.

That look's rubbish! What is it with today's blind graphic designers...?

This is what it looks like IMO...

_43007281_graham_coe416.jpg

LMAO!

:p

Thats bad; I am sure because of the backlash they will change it. Either that or I would ask for my money back from who ever it was that made the logo.

Anyone else see Lisa Simpson giving someone a bit of "oral pleasure" in that?

Loads of people have said that to me, and I cant stop seeing it now :p

WTF now I can see it there now!!!

Note to London: Do not hire Fred Flinstone to design anymore logos for your city. Also, you could have hired me for half, a quarter, hell even a 1/10 of the price you payed Fred, and I would have came up with something at least as good as that p.o.s.

And there was me thinking the 2012 situation couldn't get any more ridiculous. How much did they pay for that heap of ........

Regarding the Lisa Simspon thing; +1 from me.

I do think it is a really bad design though, considering this logo is going to be blasted into every single person's home (near-enough) around the globe over the course of that summer.

A blind child could of honestly done better, or even my chinchilla put onto a piece of paper with a pen attached to it, but what is really insulting is the fact that it cost ?400k!