[Olympics] London 2012 Logo Revealed

No no you don't understand it's the logo for the 2012 olympics by 2012 it will be really cool, we're going to be in a retoing the 80's street culture phase in 2012 and they have predicted this with this futuristic design.

I've gotta admit, I didn't expect much more from an English committee. Every committee (or organisation) seems to think they're down-with-the-kids these days, so anything thats supposed to appeal to all audiences just ends up looking like a pile of dung to most people.

I noticed a similar snippet on TV last night, from all appearences very few people (excluding the committee) seem to think this logo is up to much.

It is quite amazing how today when we finally have incredible tools around for graphic design and incredible IT power; the graphics is getting uglier every time... I think it is a shame. This logo is extremely ugly and what is even more important it has no message, and a logo has to have a message, that?s a crucial feature for a logo. Ugly and nonsense in the same time. A real killer thing:(:(

Here is another simple Londoner's attempt...

/myvote ;)

Edit: Didn't work, but just look at martinDTanderson's post on Page 2. ;)

What the hell. Is that part of a jig saw puzzle? That is ugly. I like ours much better.

What the hell. Is that part of a jig saw puzzle? That is ugly. I like ours much better.

haha... I am afraid the other few offered for voting is also bad. I don't think this should be decided by popular vote, they have to form some committee from artists, graphic designers etc. and they should decide. I am afraid the popular opinion has nothing to do with graphic design quality, it is just the opinion of the majority and in case like art or design it is not working well.

Obviously, this is their attempt at being "street". I thought the cool trend now was the absence of corners (just look at the Apple site). But what do I know?

I hate when they try to do this street getting with the youth sort of thing. The only way to get with the youth is to ignore everyone and just do a logo that is modern and simple.

Some have even said it's like the Tiswas logo.

There's nothing in there symbolising Britain or for that matter London. Not much of a logo imo.

Neowin should run a contest to design a better logo. :p

Edited by ziadoz

I am a graphic designer. Honestly, I could have pulled something out of my ass that looked better than that logo. :s

Ironically, with the diamond in the centre, that is exactly what some people say the logo is all about. It's the goatsee logo.

The Video on the official website of the logo has been removed due to people experiencing epileptic fits after viewing the scene with the diver! :rofl:

Can't belive that they someone got paid a huge sum of money to make this pos and the fact all these flashing shapes might be epilepsy inducing didn't

occur to them!

EDIT:

Someone tell me just one way how it symbolises the Olympics, London, or the alleged "dreams and aspirations" of millions.

They're shattered...

I hope this forces them to come up with a new design!

I think the logo above which they used for promotion to get the games in the first place was better!