Paris Hilton temporarily out of jail until Judge orders her back in

Sadly, people will gloss over the glaring facts of this (like they have), and complain simply because it's Paris Hilton.

I don't think it has anything to do with that fact that it is Paris, but rather that it is another celebrity getting a lighter sentence because she is in fact a celebrity. And I've heard some analyst say the complete opposite today from what Aaron's heard, so once again the media is feeding viewers BS one way or the other and that's why people are going crazy over, that and the fact it is like the only news on TV. All of the stations seem to have that as their top story and it is like, "WHO GIVES A FLYING ****" :rolleyes:

:p [/rant]

Paris has to get drunk to act like a moron... people in this thread are presumably sober and acting just as stupid

Ah well... she's out of jail, 6 pages on paris hilton...

Some people will never be satisfied with how much punishment she'll get, others will think any is too much... this is why she's so fantastic for the news, polarizes everything up the wazoo

I think its just people getting tired of hearing "Paris this" and "Paris that", she is were she is today because of her family's wealth and not because she worked hard as an actress or a song artist (or worked at all). She got famous because of a sex tape and now the media and us common folk can't stop talking about her. Its like a disease that can't be cured.

Edited by primortal

why does everyone on here hate her so much? seems nice enough to me, id prat her no questions asked!

Seems nice enough? DUI, restraining order for harassment and and threats1, use several ethnic slurs2 and copyright violations3. Yeah she's real nice :laugh:

Just to show how much of a joke the judicial system in this country is.

Her daddy probably bailed her out again. Oh the things you can do with a lot of $$$.

this is ludicrous Captain.

the "ordinary" person would have to serve it.

Is that justice in the U.S. ? lol

the system is screwed like anywhere else you go.

I do not know where it is normal to only do 3 days out of these sentence, I guess maybe in LA, but unfortunately alcoholism runs pretty deep in my fathers side of the family, it is the Irish way I suppose and why I do not really drink anymore and why my parents themselves have never drank. However I have two cousins who both had to serve 45 days in jail for the same conviction, and they did the full 45 days. Not a single day less, and not a single day more. Before anyone asks, it was indeed their first conviction with jail time, Yes, so sorry if I personally I really do not see how this is how it usually works as it was definitely not the case for two of my relatives. I indeed did read the article, but I do not believe everything I read to be fact, especially when I have seen it to be otherwise with people I know.
3 days is not a normal sentence for that type of crime. The normal amount of time is atleast 1 month of jail. Look up the laws, and dont believe everything you read, especially on the internet.

This will hopefully open the eyes of some of you who think america is all great. This country is currupt and all about money. If you have it, anything is possible, and if you dont, your screwed.

Paris is why other countries hate us. They see this crap, and believe all of us are like that, when really its about 5% of the populatoin thats like that.

Celebs need to be made an example out of. If they are to have a spotlight held up to them, then they should be showing a good image. If they mess up, they should take a normal to harsher sentecne, just because they are held up to higher standards.

Being rich doesnt excuse anyone from anything. It should be used to better everything else around you.

Again there are different laws for differents states. I agree with 3 days being normal just like the article says.

Seems nice enough? DUI, restraining order for harassment and and threats1, use several ethnic slurs2 and copyright violations3. Yeah she's real nice :laugh:

She has street cred thats for sure ;)

the people who cut her sentence short, and support her not having to do any meaningful sentence, are going to be very sorry when she's out there driving drunk on a suspended license, and she kills someone....

Again there are different laws for differents states. I agree with 3 days being normal just like the article says.

you agree or have looked it up and found out as fact that it is? if you agree, and have not done the research to see what the amount of time is normally, then thats just dumb. What she has done in the past to get to this degree is enough to throw her in jail for alteast a year for any normal person. Most people who get pulled over for dui get tons of fines, jail time, community service, and no license. Repeat an offense and you get even more of a harsh sentence, due to it showing you didnt learn the first time. 3 times, and usually in california, your out.

Dont just agree, look up what normal people go through with these types of crimes. Their sentences are much more harsh.

If you like what is happening, your just helping this country go down the drain. WE ARE ALL EQUAL, and anyone who thinks different needs to be beaten with a stick.

WE ARE ALL EQUAL, and anyone who thinks different needs to be beaten with a stick.

A very idealistic approach. However, the sad fact is that reality is much different.

Prosecutor, judge object to Hilton's early release from jail

LOS ANGELES (Map, News) - The judge who sentenced Paris Hilton to jail and the prosecutor who pressed for her incarceration objected Thursday to her early release for an unspecified medical condition.

"The judicial process may have been improperly circumvented in this case," said City Attorney Rocky Delgadillo. "This explanation is puzzling. Los Angeles County jail medical facilities are well-equipped to deal with medical situations involving inmates."

Sheriff Lee Baca released Hilton to serve 40 days at her Hollywood Hills home after she served three days of what was expected to be a three week stay for violating probation in a reckless driving case.

While Baca's spokesman said the judge who sentenced her had been consulted, he didn't mention that Superior Court Judge Michael T. Sauer objected to her release. When Sauer sentenced her last month he specifically said she could not do her time at home.

"He did not agree to the terms of release that the sheriff proposed," said Superior Court spokesman Allan Parachini.

But Sheriff's Department spokesman Steve Whitmore noted it's not unusual for inmates to finish sentences under home confinement.

The overcrowded jail system frequently releases inmates early after serving only a fraction of their sentences.

Source

Of course the Judge objected to it. While I can't stand Paris, the judge was out to do nothing more than using the spotlight to either advance his career, or make an example of someone to show he's tough on crime. She's not the first, and certainly not the last person to serve a very small part of their sentence because of overcrowding. Amazing how people have no problem with it happening until its someone in the spotlight?

And yet, everyone on the internet, immediately the experts on who should serve what kind of time for what kind of crime. I'll leave it up to the people who actually work and run these prisons, and know what they are talking about.

...her early release for an unspecified medical condition.
What utter bull****! If she had a real medical condition then that would have been brought up during the first sentencing, that is unless her lawyer has **** for brains.

you know how many people is calling her a coward because she couldnt handle the time

look at the other famous people who did the crime & did the time

she must of missed the ---- that bad