Wrong number lands 14 year-old boy in jail

GULFPORT, Fla. - Investigators arrested a 14-year-old boy who apparently dialed a really, really wrong number.Authorities said the boy offered to sell drugs to the person on the other end, who happened to be a police detective.

After the call, Gulfport detective Matt Parks arranged to meet the teen in the parking lot of a school to buy an ounce of marijuana and some crack cocaine, according to a police report. When the boy showed up Sunday, he was charged with possession of 18 grams of marijuana with intent to distribute within 1,000 feet of a school.

The 22-year-old driver of the car the boy was riding in was charged with a similar count and with for driving with a suspended license. :huh:

Parks' phone number is unlisted, and there were no similar numbers found in the boy's cell phone, police said. Detectives said the boy, whose name was not released, likely dialed a random number looking for a customer.

Parks said Tuesday that the boy has been released.

source

After the call, Gulfport detective Matt Parks arranged to meet the teen in the parking lot of a school to buy an ounce of marijuana and some crack cocaine, according to a police report. When the boy showed up Sunday, he was charged with possession of 18 grams of marijuana with intent to distribute within 1,000 feet of a school.

:laugh:

Anyone want to bet someone set him up?? If he was doing random calls for customers he's got mental problems. I'm serious. No one is that stupid/desperate. Heck if someone bugged me about buying drugs or just in general this would be a great way to get rid of them, don't you think? I can here it now, yea sure I want to buy some drugs from you, here's my number. haha

I don't get it, he had and was selling marijuana....why was he let go? Then again, why was Paris let go?....God I love this country's legal system!

lol, if he says he doesnt like wallpaper like paris hilton then he will be out in 2 days :p

jesus christ how did you get to be so funny and original please tell me

Wait, he was trying to pass off 18 grams of weed off as an ounce? He should be locked up just for that.

Edited by psybapunk

Ha, what an idiot that kid is.

You think toxique's Jesus Christ? Sorry I had to say it. ;) :p

If you're posting something simply because it "had to be said" there's a very good chance that it did not, in fact, have to be said. Also, if I were to say what I actually thought of him I'd probably be banned.

He probably didn't call a random number, although such stupidity is possible. What is more likely is that he tried to remember a phone number from memory, which explains why it wasn't on his phone and why he probably mis-dialed.

If you're posting something simply because it "had to be said" there's a very good chance that it did not, in fact, have to be said. Also, if I were to say what I actually thought of him I'd probably be banned.

Meaning I thought it was funny and just had to say it... thus the ;) and :p .. geez lighten up.

PS. I don't know your two's history or this person at all for that matter, just found it funny. I meant you no harm..nor was I taking a side.

GULFPORT, Fla. - Investigators arrested a 14-year-old boy who apparently dialed a really, really wrong number.Authorities said the boy offered to sell drugs to the person on the other end, who happened to be a police detective.

The 22-year-old driver of the car the boy was riding in was charged with a similar count and with for driving with a suspended license. :huh:

Parks' phone number is unlisted, and there were no similar numbers found in the boy's cell phone, police said. Detectives said the boy, whose name was not released, likely dialed a random number looking for a customer.

Parks said Tuesday that the boy has been released.

source

So...

If I call /some/ number on my phone and offer to sell drugs, then ... uh ... there's a cop on the other end... I'm not guilty of trying to sell drugs?

OH, WOAH...

If I dial 8675309, and get a hooker named Jenny....

To those wondering why he was released, he probably posted bail.

Wait, there's a Gulfport in Florida too? Wow.

Yep, there is... By the way, nice to see someone else from Mississippi here!

He most likely posted bail, and was put into custody of his parents. So he isn't going to run unless Daddy is his drug source.