Street Racing + California Cops =?

why not just head south

I am gonna do that. Actually I was thinking about going to California, but I guess not anyway... Japan here I come :p (Now I just gotta learn Japanese)

In general the police do know better than the ILLEGAL street racers. They racers may know the risks, but what about the INNOCENT passer by who gets hit by the ILLEGAL street racer and dies? What then?

same could be said of all trafic people get by busses shall we get rid of them? people get hit by trains shall we get rid of them? hell i know someone who was ran down by a fire truck shal we get rid of them huh HUH?

same could be said of all trafic people get by busses shall we get rid of them? people get hit by trains shall we get rid of them? hell i know someone who was ran down by a fire truck shal we get rid of them huh HUH?

The difference being that buses, trains and fire trucks are not illegally racing when this happens. Yes people do die from being hit by these vehicles, but they are not being driven in ILLEGAL races. People illegally racing should be strung up by the knackers.

see i got this problem a really bad problem cops dont like me so i dont like donuts

anywho i hate hondas i like those peugeot 206

see i got this problem a really bad problem cops dont like me so i dont like donuts

anywho i hate hondas i like those peugeot 206

What? :wacko:

The difference being that buses, trains and fire trucks are not illegally racing when this happens. Yes people do die from being hit by these vehicles, but they are not being driven in ILLEGAL races. People illegally racing should be strung up by the knackers.

damn you are being completely irrational! good lord. you should go do a little research and see just how many people die from illegal street racing every year. you will be thrilled to find its almost insignificant. and its not going to stop people from street racing either, thats the hilarious part. just like increasing tobacco tax didnt stop people from smoking, and how gun control laws don't stop gun crime. if people WANT to do it they will. besides, the likelihood of being caught have not increased, only the penalties.

and no one commented on my wine glass comparison either.

What if it's a rental, lease or owned by the bank and you simply stop payments, thats what I'd do. Bad for yer credit but so what. Here in ohio they confiscate and auction yer car if you get caught trolling for hookers or drugs. People use rentals now or even take a cab. The bank can't repo a crushed car.

damn you are being completely irrational! good lord. you should go do a little research and see just how many people die from illegal street racing every year. you will be thrilled to find its almost insignificant. and its not going to stop people from street racing either, thats the hilarious part. just like increasing tobacco tax didnt stop people from smoking, and how gun control laws don't stop gun crime. if people WANT to do it they will. besides, the likelihood of being caught have not increased, only the penalties.

and no one commented on my wine glass comparison either.

So you are saying I should advocate illegal street racing for me to be rational? It doesn't matter how many people die from it, it is still illegal. You want to race, go to a track.

no matter how much we argue the fact that ILLEGAL street racing is dumb/stupid and foolish.. there will always be people who are for it because they too are dumb/stupid and foolish

So you are saying I should advocate illegal street racing for me to be rational? It doesn't matter how many people die from it, it is still illegal. You want to race, go to a track.

no, being against street racing is fine. im saying your position against street racers is completly irational. and how many people die from it DOES matter when you crushing peoples cars because of it.

i do race at the track.

you know im just going to stop argeing with you because i can tell what kind of person you are and i would most likely break my monitor if i continued with this argument

no, being against street racing is fine. im saying your position against street racers is completly irational. and how many people die from it DOES matter when you crushing peoples cars because of it.

i do race at the track.

I am against street racing period. It doesn't matter how many innocents die or not, it is wrong to race on the streets. I understand that more people die in normal accidents on the road, the difference being that (some of)those vehicles - buses, fire engines etc - are on the road legally, and going about their business legally. I also realise that a lot of accidents are caused by illegal drivers, or people driving cars that are on the road illegally. These people should also be strung up by the knackers

you know im just going to stop argeing with you because i can tell what kind of person you are and i would most likely break my monitor if i continued with this argument

If you did that at least there'd be less earache! ;)

Street racing is illegal etc etc, but I still think it's wrong to do this (crush cars). People can be as self righteous as you want, but don't tell me you haven't been heavy on the gas a couple times with your friend in the lane beside you. Then a cop comes behind you and your car is now a piece of scrap metal when you could just pay the fine and get it out. It could happen to anybody really...

I am against street racing period. It doesn't matter how many innocents die or not, it is wrong to race on the streets. I understand that more people die in normal accidents on the road, the difference being that (some of)those vehicles - buses, fire engines etc - are on the road legally, and going about their business legally. I also realise that a lot of accidents are caused by illegal drivers, or people driving cars that are on the road illegally. These people should also be strung up by the knackers

you just have misplaced anger and aggression. instead of being so anti street racing you should be anti idiot. you should be cheering on stricter licensing laws so the idiots cant be on the road. and advocating the police enforce lane discipline so the people who want to go fast have a lane to do it in, and dont have to weave through traffic.

you cant stop it. you will never be able to stop it, to think you can hinder it in any way is simply silly. however, you can make it safer.

i would rather everyone be driving at 100mph but need to prove they can handle a car first.

if you took 50 intermediate race car drivers and put them nose to tail and side by side doing 130mph on a 2 lane strip of freeway and then had those two lanes merge into one, everyone would still be doing 130MPH after the merger.

if they started doing that where I drive I would never stop for a police car again.

Ontario furious about fast-moving vehicles

Canadian Press

June 20, 2007 at 3:52 PM EDT

Toronto ? The government has the power to seize and destroy cars that have been adapted for street racing, and can do so before a race takes place or any charges are laid, Ontario Attorney General Michael Bryant said Wednesday.

Car junkies who pour thousands of dollars into their vehicles to make them as fast as possible are wasting their money, Mr. Bryant said.

He warned potential racers that all it takes is a tip from police to seize and destroy their cars.

?If we can establish someone has parts and they're juicing up their car ? obviously for the purpose of street racing ? then we can seize those vehicles,? Mr. Bryant said.

?We will seize it and you will never see it again. We will crush your car, we will crush the parts.?

Mr. Bryant said cars built for street racing are as dangerous as explosives and can cause catastrophic damage.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...y/National/home

Canadian Press

Toronto ? The government has the power to seize and destroy cars that have been adapted for street racing, and can do so before a race takes place or any charges are laid, Ontario Attorney General Michael Bryant said Wednesday.

Car junkies who pour thousands of dollars into their vehicles to make them as fast as possible are wasting their money, Mr. Bryant said.

He warned potential racers that all it takes is a tip from police to seize and destroy their cars.

?If we can establish someone has parts and they're juicing up their car ? obviously for the purpose of street racing ? then we can seize those vehicles,? Mr. Bryant said.

?We will seize it and you will never see it again. We will crush your car, we will crush the parts.?

Mr. Bryant said cars built for street racing are as dangerous as explosives and can cause catastrophic damage.

this "Mr. Bryant" sounds like a golfer and middle aged

Good. They should impound and crush these heavily modded cars on sight, if they are racing or not. The only reason to have a car tricked out to such an extent is for illegal street racing. Several innocent people are killed in my city every year by these selfish pricks. If you want to race and drive fast, go to a race track, that's what they are for.

Canadian Press

thats a complete scam! its in no way specific and lends all judgment on the officer writing the ticket. how do you know its not my weekend race track car? since when are performance mods ONLY for illigal street racing?

"Mr. Bryant said cars built for street racing are as dangerous as explosives and can cause catastrophic damage."

thats probably the biggest lie i have seen published since "strict gun control will reduce gun violence".

ridiculous.

thats a complete scam! its in no way specific and lends all judgment on the officer writing the ticket. how do you know its not my weekend race track car? since when are performance mods ONLY for illigal street racing?

"Mr. Bryant said cars built for street racing are as dangerous as explosives and can cause catastrophic damage."

thats probably the biggest lie i have seen published since "strict gun control will reduce gun violence".

ridiculous.

It is illegal to drive a car modded for the race track on normal streets. So if you are doing so, you should know better and if your car gets crushed because of it, that's your own fault. A race car should be towed. Why do you think you see race cars always being towed to the track and not driven? Because it's illegal to do so without a special permit.

Canadian Press

heard this on the news today in the GTA. i agree 100% that street racing on public roads has to stop and is obviously wrong.

but how can they judge whether a car is done up enough to be for street racing?

theres a lot of people who have cars which can be pushed on a track and raced on the road fresh from the factory. how about a bmw M3?

what if they see an F430 on the road? just because a car can be run on a race track doesnt mean it isnt street legal.

if someone has done up their car because they take an interest in it does it automatically mean its for street racing? i cant believe they can take and crush these cars without it being in a race or any charges laid.

why dont we go after all people of middle-eastern descent and lock them up without question to prevent acts of terrorism? that'll solve the problem right? its not like someone from outside of the middle-east could do an act of terrorism.. not like someone with a factory built car (GTi, M3, mazdaspeed3, list goes on...) could be street racing.

rediculous.. truly

If it is a weekend race track car then you'd need to own a trailer to get it to the course. You will, obviously, not be allowed to drive there on a public road since souped up cars are not allowed on the public roads.