Road to Terabithia

I just saw this movie right now, and though I liked it very much, I can't stop thinking of how sad it is.

The death of Leslie at the half of the movie devastated me, she and Jess seemed so happy, I never though they would die in the movie.

The end was good, but I couldn't stop thinking about that moment that changed how I saw the movie. I cried :cry:

4 / 5 because of the moment.

PS. Still crying :cry:

Mm.. it's an ok movie.. I watched it with my girlfriend.. it really is a children movie..lol she liked it a lot though

Maybe because I compared it with Narnia before I watched the movie (from movie reviews)

Isn't it Bridge to Terabithia?

haha, I was a bit confused myself.

I heard from some this movie was great, and others not.... I'll have to see it for myself :)

The first half was pretty boring, but when the movie takes that turn and

leslie dies

... damn, that was sad. It shares some similarities with Pan's Labyrinth, but although I think Pan's is a better made film overall, this movie packs an emotional punch Pan's did not have.

The surprise moment does indeed pull this movie up. But i was really sighing a few times over the poor CGI effects and the corny story ( No natural transition, things just BAM happened ... So random really ).

why in the hell does this remind me of that other Disney fantasy movie?.. I can't think of the name right now but this looks exactly like it.

Personally, I thought the movie sucked. Yes, it was very sad... but who was this movie for?

Young children? It's pretty most of the time, but not something really designed for them.

Older children? Most wouldn't understand what happened, or the major gist of the story.

Teens? I doubt most teens are going to give a **** about this movie. Though if you're looking for a movie that you don't have to worry if you "miss" parts, this would be a good one for ya.

Adults? Major reason this group would go is because kids want to see it, or because they've been misled by the massive marketing redirection.

The author of the book has been accused by some of plagiarizing The Chronicles of Narnia.

I don't see why. There was so much more to CoN... Bridge to Terriblebithia is nothing like CoN.

If anything, they should be comparing BTT to Pan's Labyrinth.

Adults? Major reason this group would go is because kids want to see it, or because they've been misled by the massive marketing redirection.

Yea, I just saw the trailer the other day and it's such a huge misdirection that I'd even go so far as to say the trailer is a lie.

• 2 years later...

I watched this the other day and I really liked it, very sad though! :(

3.5/5

(yes I realise this is a bump!)

I remember this being one of my favorite books in 5th grade. I saw the movie a while ago and while it was quite emotion (much like the book) it just lacked something to make it truly memorable like the book was.

Yes he means "Bridge to Terabithia"

And I agree, good movie, but so sad. Haven't seen such a sad movie in a while...