Teen Girl Loses Feet on Six Flags Thrill Ride

i smell lawsuit... and rotten feet in the park...

no idea how would a girl's foot got ripped off from the ride. she was probably playing around.

i smell lawsuit... and rotten feet in the park...

no idea how would a girl's foot got ripped off from the ride. she was probably playing around.

If you cared to read the article and the one after it, it says a cable snapped and hit a load of people, but it wrapped around the girls feet and ripped them off.

Thats really Sad.

I know an engineer who did his thesis on a similar ride in Australia's Dreamworld called The Giant Drop. Apparently he found about 20 - 30 cases where aspects were bellow standards such as the wrong bolts being used in places or them having their heads shaved down so it'd be hell to to remove them right down to poor materials choices which has lead to parts being replaced more often than they otherwise should. As this incident shows, and I guess what I had heard about this other ride, for a thing that just drops and slows down theres ALOT that can go wrong and they arent necessarily that safe.

And whether his thesis was that accurate or not I don't know, but I did hear another case a few years back where the same ride had a metal bar or rod from either the car or tower itself just fall off the ride. Whether it hit any of the riders I cant remember although noone was too seriouslt hurt. Maybe some grazes or something I cant remember.

I feel really sorry for the girl but.

• 2 weeks later...

This truly was a sad day when the accident happend at SFKK but it really hit me because I was supposed to go to the theme park on the same day but decided against it.This easily could have been me loosing my feet on the superman ride therefore my thoughts and prayers go out to the girl and her family and whoever eles was injured on the ride.I hope that slowly her life will return to normal although the doctors were only able to reatach her right foot.

Lawsuit?!?!?!??!

If a cable snapped, yes. Will it happen? Most likely no. Six Flags will move to settle as fast as possible to avoid media attention.

And wow, that is bad. Feet getting ripped off? Ugh.. my heart extends to her. A friend of mine lost one of her legs at the knee.. both feet would be unbearable.

Urm wow that's terrible :|

Just curious what is her actual age??

First post says 13, the post Rob made said she is 16??? :-s

I don't care if your 16 or 61.. losing your feet on an amusement ride is still horrible.

Especially having them severed with a broken cable.

It will likely settle out of court, but still.. your live would be dramatically changed and no amount of money would compensate for that.. walking without feet results in a lot of plastic surgery to correct the repeatidly broken nose, cause you don't have balance anymore and fall