1408 (2007)

Hurmoth, how could you like Dead Silence so much but hate this? ;) lol

:p I just didn't like this. The story was great, but they couldn't execute it well enough. Not as good as what I thought James Wan and Leigh Whannel did with Dead Silence.

I just saw this and it was weird half way through I got a bit bored with it and didn't really understand the ending, He got out? and the recording proves it? :unsure:

6/10 from me :)

I enjoyed it, it wasn't too scary though, just a few scary boo moments but it was still enjoyable. I loved the quote when he was trying to explain everything, "Ok, let's Encyclopedia Brown this bitch." That was pretty damn funny.

Did anyone notice that his notebook running XP showed a Windows 98 BSOD when it crashed when the sprinkler system came on? lis

I loved it, I'd give it a 9/10. Had some really spooky parts too.

Not only was his notebook running Windows XP, when the sprinkler system came on I believe it showed DOS doing a directory listing followed by a Windows 98 BSOD. He was also using Yahoo! Messenger I think.

• 2 months later...
this movie was just terrible. the commercial made it out to be amazing, but the movie took to long to get into, and once he was in the room, it was just random thing after random thing... i wonder how close to the book this movie was, because this movie sucked (N)(N)

Just finished watching the film tonight and I have to agree. It was terrible, the film doesn't even know what it wants to be.

When I first saw the trailer and initially watched the first hour of the film I thought it was fantastic. There was so much scope, so many possibilities and possible outcomes.

However as soon as he got back in the room after finding out the room was "on its own" it seemed to get rather silly, pointless and random.

In my mind there is so many different ways it could have been handled and for some stupid reason they went on a ridiculous random scene spree with no real explanation.

4/10

• 1 year later...

First half was brilliant. Second half was bleh. Problem with something like this is, the outcome is never going to good for the character. The "evil" had ALL the control. It can do whatever it wants. So it's not going to be a great ending because we all know he won't survive. John Cusack does a great job in horror movies IMO. Identity & this. He should do more.

6/10

Edited by Lqv2015