Pokemon Emerald Question - Clock and time

I just started playing Pok?mon Emerald today, and at the very beginning, I went and set my clock in my room. I went back just right now (I've been playing for about 25 minutes), and the clock was still at 12:00pm. For some reason I feel like it should probably be a "live" clock. Am I wrong? I hope my game isn't messed up, I bought it on eBay. Thanks for any help!

The clock should be moving. There are elements in the game that requires the clock to be functional.

Since you bought your game off of eBay, there's a high chance you bought a fake game.

Wait... so it is supposed to be moving all the time? How can I find out if it is a fake game?

I looked at a couple of sites, and the cartridge says Game Boy Advance at the top, it has all the nintendo logos it's supposed to have. The game seems to play fine, with the exception that the clock doesn't move, this is making me mad.

Edited by Chsoriano

Wait... so it is supposed to be moving all the time? How can I find out if it is a fake game?

I looked at a couple of sites, and the cartridge says Game Boy Advance at the top, it has all the nintendo logos it's supposed to have. The game seems to play fine, with the exception that the clock doesn't move, this is making me mad.

The clock is supposed to work in real time, so it's supposed to be always moving, unless the cartridge's battery is dead (if the battery is dead, it would be indicated whenever you load your save file).

Things to determine if the game is legit:

- It says GameBoy Advance at the top

- Clear Green Cartridge

- Official Nintendo Seal

- ESRB rating seal (Assuming this is a North American version)

- Mention of "The Pok?mon Company" on the label

- Under the case, where the contacts are, there should be a Nintendo logo, and some letters and numbers (AGB-EXX-XX, where X is just numbers)

That's all I can think of for the moment.

Well I'm pretty sure the cartridge is not counterfeit, it has all of those things you mentioned. However, it doesn't say anything about having a dead battery....

I also noticed some other differences, I am assuming this confirms that it is a counterfeit game:

-label on the game cartridge is not foil/holographic

-the Nintendo seal says "Official Nintendo Seal of Quality" instead of "Official Nintendo Seal"

-the Nintendo seal is very blurry compared to that on other GBA cartridges

-the model number on the back is different

-the board (game board inside the cartridge) is flipped, the battery is on the top-left instead of the top-right

Anyone care to offer a second opinion? I already called Nintendo, and they got some information from me, but they didn't say it was or wasn't a counterfeit game, but I already called eBay about the issue also. Nintendo just suggested that I go to the ic3.gov website to report it.

-the Nintendo seal is very blurry compared to that on other GBA cartridges

-the board (game board inside the cartridge) is flipped, the battery is on the top-left instead of the top-right

I think the blurry seal may be the biggest give away. That may be evidence that it was scanned from a real cartridge then reprinted at a lower DPI for some reason, maybe just a crappy printer. Also the flipped board is slightly suspicious as well.

Please see the Identifying Bootleg / Pirated Gameboy Advance (GBA) Games guide on Cheap Ass Gamer. Its halfway down the page here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/faq.ph...g_trading_guide

The weirdest thing is that even if the battery was dead, time would still move on, just not in real time. Weird.

I kind of expected that, but I didn't know for sure.

Xerus, thanks for the site, I'll check it out. I just went out and bought the game, now I'm playing it... quite a bit different from back when I played Pokemon (Red & Blue)...

I've played with Sapphire, and noticed the clock had no effect on the game at all.

Yeah, that's what Nintendo told me, but I still don't want a fake game. Oh, and I also noticed, in the counterfeit game, every time I turned it on, it would say "Loading game" or something like that and then say "Game is now playable". In the one I have now it just goes straight to the continue, new, or option menu.

Yeah, that's what Nintendo told me, but I still don't want a fake game. Oh, and I also noticed, in the counterfeit game, every time I turned it on, it would say "Loading game" or something like that and then say "Game is now playable". In the one I have now it just goes straight to the continue, new, or option menu.

I guess I also got a counterfit.. still works though