Neowin Digital Gallery

cool picture. I think it would have been more dramatic if you could have gotten closer to it, though.
Hmm, I have a couple of other shots of the same building - this one was the best - but I actually did shoot it 'bigger' and after looking at the pictures again I see where you're going... too bad though they didn't come out as good as this one (crappy clouds blokking the sun in a way that the lighting in the scene is pretty dull)

Thanks tho :)

There was a big lightning storm a few days back. Although by the time I got my gear ready, it was mostly gone. :( Managed to shoot these two. Tweaked white balance and exposure.

588965347_281a90c07b.jpg

589281754_c51bd7a258.jpg

I have to admit I like the angle in number 2, and I like seeing some sky, unlike #1. Are the models just your friends?

@Dejon, pretty impressive contrast in that picture, distracting bokeh maybe?

they're just friends of mine.

Dejon, where do you find these people?
And next to that; how do you approach them?

I actually tried to get some portraits from random people in the streets today, so I figured I just go up to them and ask nicely, but they all refused... is there a trick? do you pay 'em 5 bucks or something? I'd like to know ^_^

mexico vs portugal and gambia vs new zealand

<incredibly awesome photos>

enough for now... conclusion... need 400mm...

Wow, those are really really good. Barely any motion blur. What shutter speed and aperture were you shooting at?

f2.8 during nite/dark shots and f4 during day time shots. shot with a 70-200mm f2.8 IS, some were cropped. iso were 400 and 800 (during dark/nite) shutter speed were above 1/400 most of time.

Very well done. I still have to figure out exactly how to combine all the settings to get the perfect exposure and balance.

i just slap it in aperture priority, Av mode in my 5D and i will just monitor the shutter speed at a chosen F value i pick and bump the iso up accordingly.

And next to that; how do you approach them?

I actually tried to get some portraits from random people in the streets today, so I figured I just go up to them and ask nicely, but they all refused... is there a trick? do you pay 'em 5 bucks or something? I'd like to know ^_^

your best bet would be to go upto homeless people and offer then money for food or alcohal in most cases. They'll more often then not say yes.

@dejon

Why are all/most of your pictures either homeless/hobos or some floating people. Do you do anything else?

The picture are very artisitic but lets have a little variety.

Note:I cant even come close to the standards you are setting here. I am STILL trying to learn.

It looks.....fake (of course it's not), since the amount of detail is incredible. Well done.
@dejon

Why are all/most of your pictures either homeless/hobos or some floating people. Do you do anything else?

The picture are very artisitic but lets have a little variety.

Note:I cant even come close to the standards you are setting here. I am STILL trying to learn.

It's by series, you can look and his blog or devart and see the rest of his series..

Although I do agree with saxondale and mastermate... The whole series is getting boring... I mean your work is incredible, yet you seem to limit yourself. As a suggestion, why not trying to shoot a whole body shot, with the detail your getting and the people your dealing with, IMO, it would be mouth opening.

Like on that last shot see how that button stands up in the picture?

Anyway, this whole series would make an awesome gallery to show off! Very good work... I think it tops all your other work, since it has that spontaneous feel to it. (Y) :yes: