YES! I got an elite!

I went into my girlfriends Walmart (where she works) to see her at work yesterday and when I was leaving I figured I stroll by the electronics section. I looked at the 360 section and there was ONE elite hidden in the back with the premiums.

So I ran over to my g/f witch happened to be on her break, and she used her 10% Walmart employee card and that saved me about $60. :)

So basically, I paid for a Premium and got an Elite.

The HDMI output is rather nice. 1 slim cable for Video/Audio versus 5 Cables via component.

The 120GB harddrive is rather pointless for me. Due to my location (Canada). There is no XBL Video Marketplace here so filling up that harddrive is going to be rather hard.

I like the black controller. Dirt showed up wayyy too easily on the white one.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with it. I'm still amazed that I found a Elite!

CIMG0656.JPG

Edited by OhMuffin

turn the flash off.. your system looks grey!

oh it's muffin lol.. hey whats up, you never told me you got an elite!

now don't mod it and get banned like last time HoMuffin :p

LOLL

No, no modding this time... BUT, I'm still cheap as hell...

So its eBay time for games. Unless lylesback has some games he doesn't want. :)

521414040_1d1dc8d768_o.gif

Greatest animated GIF EVAR!

Anyway, congrats on getting the Elite. You'll love it. I haven't once regretted picking mine up. I just love the black :)

Yeah. I love it already.

Also, HDMI seems to be a little more responsive on my tv that component.

I haven't tried any 360 games to see if they shown improvement, but I will soon.

(I also updated the pic so it looks better)

Yeah. I love it already.

Also, HDMI seems to be a little more responsive on my tv that component.

I haven't tried any 360 games to see if they shown improvement, but I will soon.

(I also updated the pic so it looks better)

pop in a dvd and watch it up-sampled now

I keep looking at that picture ... Am i the only one who thinks the Chrome is ruining the look of it, just a bit?

I'm not much of a chrome fan at all, but I think it actually does pretty well on the Elite.

LOLL

No, no modding this time... BUT, I'm still cheap as hell...

So its eBay time for games. Unless lylesback has some games he doesn't want. :)

only if you wanna buy MLB 2k6 lol, or PSU... im going to trade them in when i come back for Halo 3, Medal of Honor, and Bioshock.....

ew i thought it was supposed to be more of a black. Looks just like a flat gray in the pics. Def not as visually appealing as the white.

Well, its way more black in real life. The camera can't catch true darkness without losing contrast.

It actually looks really nice.

Are DVD's truly upconverted to HD over HDMI using the 360? :o

Well, its way more black in real life. The camera can't catch true darkness without losing contrast.

It actually looks really nice.

Are DVD's truly upconverted to HD over HDMI using the 360? :o

Yes, they are. Of course it's not as good as an HD-DVD, but it's definitely better than a regular DVD player. I noticed it instantly when I put a DVD in there to test it out.

And here are my images from when I picked mine up the day of launch (I made a thread too :p). They're not the best quality but they show the black better. Don't mind the dust...

post-20309-1183838466_thumb.jpg

post-20309-1183838476_thumb.jpg

post-20309-1183838483_thumb.jpg

post-20309-1183838491_thumb.jpg

^you may want to try dusting :p

not that you've got to worry much anymore since MS' new extended warranty news

@MichaelBL i don't think the chrome spoils the elite but i think it somewhat spoils the look of the premium, but thats just me, i like my core box (it was the only thing i could get at launch and i bought the HDD and extras)

Wow, you found one at Wal-mart? Amazing. The one I work at has had a total of 3 in since launch with no news on getting more in.