YES! I got an elite!

Yeah, I didn't really expect finding one at Walmart, but I looked anyways and there was one! Waiting for me! :)

Nice pics gigapixels.

damn....nice pics....how do you take them...like the one with the harddrive so that there is a focal point that is visible and the rest it is blurred out? is that dont in PS?

damn....nice pics....how do you take them...like the one with the harddrive so that there is a focal point that is visible and the rest it is blurred out? is that dont in PS?

It's an SLR camera... I'm a hobbyist photographer.

wait...so if i purchase an SLR camera...does it do that by a setting/feature....or....im confused?

No no no... Firstly, don't go off and buy one, seeing as they're around $800 or more, and they're not just for anybody. But while you're using one, you can adjust things like the focal length and get a very small area that's actually in focus, like the picture with the hard drive. But you have to know what you're doing to get those kinds of things right.

Everything is perfect except the gray underneath the controller, what a turn off. :p

Everything is perfect except the gray underneath the controller, what a turn off. :p

What were you doing turned on in the first place? :p

wait...so if i purchase an SLR camera...does it do that by a setting/feature....or....im confused?

You don't need an SLR, just a wide aperture on your camera setting, (lower F number).

I'll sell you mine. Its a day old.

Only $5000 with free shipping :)

lol sure thing, would you like a cheque ? it wont bounce i promise :laugh:

I'm sure you could imitate the effect in Photoshop.

You probably could but it would be hard to make it looks as good as a real photo i think, im still getting to grips with all the different manual settings on cameras have done a few pictures like that but they dont look as good but im still learning :/

nice pictures giga

lol sure thing, would you like a cheque ? it wont bounce i promise :laugh:

You probably could but it would be hard to make it looks as good as a real photo i think, im still getting to grips with all the different manual settings on cameras have done a few pictures like that but they dont look as good but im still learning :/

nice pictures giga

:D Thanks. I'm still getting used to everything as well. One recommendation I can make is to check out Magic Lantern guides. They are by far the best way to learn about your camera.

Anyway, sorry about getting off topic Muffin :p

Congrats, Muffin!

I just picked one up myself. :D

Honestly, I haven't found much free time to even turn the thing on.

I will try a dvd tomorrow and report back the quality.

I remember 480p via component looked pretty damn nasty. Edges seemed very jagged and artifact'd as I recall.