[Official] Doctor Who Thread

Well normally they put Dr Who on in the summer.

Aired 31st March last year.

I dont see a problem with Catherine Tate I liked her role in "Runaway Bride". I gues if it turns out to be a bad season people will just blame her.

Doctor Who has a daughter?

The Timelord is apparently set to get a huge shock when Doctor Who returns this spring - when he discovers he's a dad.

The Doctor, played by 36-year-old David Tennant, is left stunned after he lands on Earth and learns he has a daughter, reports the Daily Star.

But, as with all the sci-fi hit's best storylines, there's a twist and the Doctor finds out the girl has been made by aliens, who sneakily took some of his DNA without him knowing.

The Timelord's daughter is apparently played by 23-year-old Georgia Moffett, who also happens to be the real life daughter of former Doctor Who star Peter Davison, 56.

A source was quoted as saying: "It's an amazing signing!"

More incredible storylines have apparently been concocted for the new series, including a showdown with the Daleks and their evil creator Davros.

Meanwhile, Catherine Tate is set to reprise her role as Donna, the runaway bride, and will star as The Doctor's companion throughout the new series.

trecord you will find that Dr Who has to be aimed at like 5 year olds up to 60 odd.

So what out for the Phill Cornell episodes and Steven Moffat ones.

So aftter 4 episodes you will get

"Human Nature"

"The Family of Blood"

"Blink"

I consider them to be the better episodes of the second season.

I will agree about Blink that episode was amazing!

That was the best episode of the season for me, followed by "The Sound of Drums"

Russell T Davies is happy for Torchwood characters to appear in Doctor Who should he come up with a suitable idea, he has revealed.

"I think the lines are becoming blurred... now that there's a pre-watershed Torchwood repeat," showrunner Davies told Doctor Who Magazine. "We're building a strong, coherent, interconnected universe... but the answer, as ever, is story. If ever I think of a good story for Doctor Who and Torchwood to meet then I'll do it."

Davies does have one caveat about this potential crossover: "The only limit, I think, would be having The Doctor appear in Torchwood itself. Because the 9 o'clock transmission comes first, that would be putting a children's hero into the wrong environment. But anything else is possible!"

Torchwood regulars Captain Jack Harkness and Toshiko Sato both made their first appearances in Doctor Who, featuring in the stories 'The Empty Child' and 'Aliens Of London' respectively. The Doctor's former companion Martha Jones, played by Freema Agyeman, will also star in several Torchwood episodes during the second series.

joe_dempsie_lead_203x152.jpg

Doctor Who

That other stuff includes a generous role in an upcoming episode of Dr Who. Even better for Joe Dempsie was that his acting qualities caught the eye of the Dr Who producers.

"They rang up and they just offered me the part. I didn't even have to audition.

"I've never really watched Doctor Who before. I'm not a Sci-Fi fan. I just thought I might never get offered a part straight up again. It would be rude to say no."

Joe will play the part of a soldier called Klein who sees his colleagues gradually killed off by aliens.

"It's a complicated story line. I take the doctor back to my camp and explain what's going on."

Martha will stand up to Doctor in 'Who'

Martha Jones will be reunited with the Doctor in the new series of Doctor Who - but in a "more professional" capacity.

Actress Freema Agyeman - currently guest-starring in Who spinoff Torchwood - told Digital Spy that her character, now a fully qualified doctor herself, has "outgrown" the Time Lord.

"Martha was always mature, independent and all those things but she was still a bit wide-eyed with him - and that's what's gone," she said. "She still really respects him and knows he's far beyond her intellect and the rest of it, but she was dominated by him and now there's a different dynamic there."

Martha, who appears in five episodes of the new series, also has a new love interest. "They've still got this friendship but there's somebody else in Martha's life now," teased Agyeman, "so she doesn't need The Doctor in that respect. That part of her soul has been fulfilled."

Digitalspy

Martha Jones is badass (Y)

Its a shame they didnt show more of what she was doing between "The Sound of Drums" and "Last of the Time Lords". Hell ill take a miniseries of that.

Paul O'Grady to appear in 'Doctor Who'

Paul O'Grady will guest star in the series four finale of Doctor Who, reports The Sun.

The TV presenter will play himself discussing "strange goings-on" during his chatshow as David Tennant's Doctor departs on a mission.

A BBC source revealed that O'Grady had been wanting to appear on the show for some time and his role would be a little more "sinister" than people are used to.

"Paul has been desperate to be on the show for ages and asked if he could be a guest star," revealed the BBC insider.

"Fortunately Who creator Russell T Davies is a big fan of his too, and jumped at the chance.

"We?ve had to wait until his chatshow is filming again so we can shoot him on the set.

"It will be the usual camp Paul - just maybe a bit more sinister."

Stars including Kylie Minogue, Peter Kay and Anthony Head have previously appeared in guest roles in the cult series.

Digitalspy

Robert Carlyle has denied tabloid claims that he is lined up to replace David Tennant as the star of Doctor Who.

"Nobody has been in touch with me about Doctor Who, so I really don't know where that came from," the Full Monty star told the Radio Times.

However, Carlyle did admit that he could be lured into the Tardis in the future: "It's David's [Tennant] part and nothing to do with me, so I can't really think about it at the moment. But... would I do it? Possibly."

Tennant is widely expected to leave the acclaimed family show before the fifth season, due to be screened in 2010.