Call of Duty 4 Multiplayer Beta

At this point, I'm starting to dislike Vacant because of the easy camping there.

Agreed. It gets boring when some dude with a machine gun crouches behind a dumpster and just stays there. It's even worse in Overgrown with the snipers.

Why do some many Americans act like complete IDIOTS when they hear a group of British people? So god damn annoying, it's definitely the bain of an otherwise great service.

Compared to the Americans in Gow, these guys are awesome. :p It can't be as bad as the crap they give us.. I dunno how many times I've been asked if I have a pet kangaroo. :rolleyes:

Compared to the Americans in Gow, these guys are awesome. :p It can't be as bad as the crap they give us.. I dunno how many times I've been asked if I have a pet kangaroo. :rolleyes:

Do you have a pet kangaroo?

I have two pet haggis, one called Hamish and the other called Wullie.

I have two extra keys if anybody is still looking for them.

PM me :)

/only giving them to long time members, no one post wonders

Edit: both gone now

Edited by DrunknMunky

One thing that really annoys me is how its easier to use a M4 with a red dot sight for long range shooting than a sniper! I think it might be be because I get lag a lot though... I mean, I shot a guy twice at point blanc range with a shotgun and he actually managed to kill me... although that game was really laggy thats just stupid.

Call Of Duty 4 has totaly won me over! I've spent most of this evening playing and... WOW this game is amazing! It was a totaly immersive and enjoyable experience and the sound (5.1 4 me) added hugely to the whole experience! Will definatley be buying this! Finally my kind of Live Game! Loving it! :D :D

Are there no filters in "Find Game"?

There aren't any filters, so to speak, but there are playlists. You can choose any one of the following game types: Team Deathmatch, Free for All, Team Tactical and Team Objective.

Anyone else having real bad signal problems tonight? I've had 1 bar most of the night. It's not really lagging, but I would unload half a clip into a guys face and it wouldn't kill him. Then in the death cam, it would show me shooting off sideways :p Obviousnly some network issues need to be worked out.

I played til 3am with my buddy, we're both British and we were constantly given host, we could clearly tell we were host, we were the only two people with '4 bars/fully green' whilst everyone was at 3 bars. The differences is incredible too, I was pulling of two or even three kills down an alleyway with little to no response from my presumably American counterparts. I don't think it was 'horrible' for them, they certainly in the 'red', but you could see by the score, me and my friend had an obvious advantage. We enjoyed it, after years of moaning about American host, and getting a raw deal because of it, it was nice to experience how you Americans have it! :)

I agree though despite the fun of it all, it needs to be fixed, in my eyes it's obvious when you're playing on a transatlantic host, and players pay a notable price for that. I do wonder, why developers don't offer gamers the opportunity in games to matchmake within their own continent? Surely it's something that could be done? It's not that I hate playing Americans, I just hate the bad experiences that come along with it. I just feel i'd have a much nicer gaming experience playing people on my own doorstep, or in continental Europe. One day, maybe...

I played til 3am with my buddy, we're both British and we were constantly given host, we could clearly tell we were host, we were the only two people with '4 bars/fully green' whilst everyone was at 3 bars. The differences is incredible too, I was pulling of two or even three kills down an alleyway with little to no response from my presumably American counterparts. I don't think it was 'horrible' for them, they certainly in the 'red', but you could see by the score, me and my friend had an obvious advantage. We enjoyed it, after years of moaning about American host, and getting a raw deal because of it, it was nice to experience how you Americans have it! :)

I agree though despite the fun of it all, it needs to be fixed, in my eyes it's obvious when you're playing on a transatlantic host, and players pay a notable price for that. I do wonder, why developers don't offer gamers the opportunity in games to matchmake within their own continent? Surely it's something that could be done? It's not that I hate playing Americans, I just hate the bad experiences that come along with it. I just feel i'd have a much nicer gaming experience playing people on my own doorstep, or in continental Europe. One day, maybe...

Hmm. That may be, but I was playing with DirtyLarry and Tizmagic from here and they didn't have the connection problems I did. The only difference is they are on the east coast and I am on the west. Surely that small of a geographical difference shouldn't have that much of an impact?

You'd think so, and in most games it's not too bad with a fairly decent host, but in this beta i've noticed it alot. I think of the 4 or 5 games we played i had about 80 kills and about 20 deaths. Now I could argue I am 'pr0' and all that nonsense, but it felt alot more like I was always 'one step' ahead of my opponents, what else could it be down to? My stats are pretty good (Accuracy 28.5%, Kpd 1.8, Wins 1.8) but the statistics for me having British host from 1-3am were generous to say the least. I wish I could demonstrate it to you bud, but I can't force myself to be host, otherwise i'd recommend a session! :p

Well, that's what this Beta is about, isn't it? Amongst other things, latency issues are definitely something that they are looking at. Plus, when the final game is released, there should be many more people online and you'll end up getting matched up with better connections more often than in the Beta as it stands now.

Hehe a bunch of my friends got a key now. And they're part of Neowin! Woo. Now let's go kick some butt this weekend.

But I wish I could be the host of the games... I have a pretty stable. low-latency host.

Ok well, I have lost track of who I don't have and who I do have. If you guys wouldn't mind just starting to add me that would simplify a lot of this.

All I have so far is Blackshadow and DirtyLarry from here.

Got an extra code from Gamespot sent through yesterday.

R4VWV-J3Q8Y-F2R7J-9CXC4-T87GW

First one to enter it into their redeem code panel wins!

GLHF ;)