good deal or con?

Not sure.. it does seem suspicious though:

- only 1 feedback (none for selling)

- they are in the US, with the item in HK (why would you sell something in a different country?)

Hmm, hard to say, the price does seem too good to be true especially for a kit package and in new condition.

However sine he only has 1 feedback, it is very suspicious, but you did bid on it and won, you are obliged to pay for it now. A rule of thumb for me is to never bid on something expensive, especially if it's a REAL good deal from people with few feedback.

Basically you can change your mind and not pay for it but you will probably get a bad feedback and whatever other penalty there is for not paying if there is one... or you can pay for it and possibly get ripped off.

How much is that in USD?

Anyways, personally I think China is like the biggest sellers of bootleg items. All the pictures shown are "technical" pics you could pull from google or somewhere similar. I would have liked to seen actual pics of the item.

What's his payment method? I don't see anything there...

thats the thing, payments details as follows, obvioulsuy ive edited it with x's!!

Dear friend:

Congratulation! You are the winning buyer for our merchandise. Thank you for your purchase!Goods expense EUR256.55,Transport expense EUR37.50,Total EUR294.05. You may choose following payment method:

1. Wire transfer

Bank name:Bank of China HENAN NanYang branch

Address: NO.129.QIYI ROAD .xxxx CHINA

A/C holder's name: JINGUI xxx

A/C No.: xxxxxx--xxxxx--xxxxx

SWIFT code: xxxxxxx

2??Money gram

My first name is: xxxx

My last name is: xxxx

City: HENAN

Post code: 473001

Address: NanYang HENAN xxxx China.

When we check and accept your remittance, we will use the UPS to deliver the item to you, you will accept the item in 3-5 day

gonna call my bank this arvo and see what fraud security they offer before i buy. will email the seller to see why he dont take paypal!!

Item location: HK, Hong Kong

That, right there will make me prevent bidding because:

1)stuff from that location can always be fake item or no item since it can get lost at custom office (ebay is filled with alot scam items, i recently read that those memory cards are the most popular fake items where you buy a Sandisk inwhich what you get is a dirt cheap card that copys files very slow and they only applied a Sandisk sticker on there item to give it a real effect to it)

2)it might be a scam

3) you have no protection when you use paypal:

....EDIT: After seeing your post about him not using paypal is also a scam. When you sead him a wire transfer, there is no proof that you send any kind of money along with that once he claims the money you cant get it back if there a problem. These sites should help:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/accept...nts-policy.html (read the Not permitted on eBay.com part)

http://pages.ebay.com/help/confidence/ques...void-fraud.html and http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/isgw-buyer-tips.html (read What to avoid)

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/make...asktheag09.html

If you search google for scams reguarding wire transfers and money grams you will be amazed on how people force people to fall into this

Edited by Shof

I would say it's a con, and suspect the account has been hacked.

I think this because the owner of that account, patch_stewart, registered as being in the US, bought a mobile phone that was also in the US, and then this item is in Hong Kong - but the seller is asking for the money to be sent to the Henan province in China?

Hmmm no, seems too fishy to me. Personally, I'd report him to eBay, and refuse to continue the transaction.

ok, i sent him an email :

Hi, Can i ask why you dont accept paypal? You have no feedback, and as such i have nothing to go on! also, i have no Buyer protection on eBay doing it this way! Dont get me wrong, i do still want the camera, but im apprehensive. can you not quickly set up a paypal account (which would take 5 mins max) and i could pay that way?

His response:

Thanks your mail,

The goods already packed for you perfectly, placed in the initial box! We have the return policy! But, the paypal very is difficult in China to handle now! I am unable to confirm your payment! Therefore, I recommend you to use the bank to transfer accounts with the Money gram! Because their similar safety is fast! Therefore, brings inconveniently to you, please forgive!

I take our prestige to make the guarantee, confirmed in me your payment latter 3-5 day, the goods can arrive your country smoothly! Asks you to believe me not to be able for our this transaction, But receives EBAY the punishment!

If cannot attain the project in 3-5 day you, you also can through EBAY and our country's police relation! Therefore, deceives you is the stupid behavior!

The hope and you have the good business in EBAY! The hope receives your mail!

Moneygram is banned in eBay. If you want to back out of this transaction, forward that payment request email to eBay, they'll whip out the banstick and remove negative feedback if any was given.

damn i dont know what to do!

Do not continue the sale. Report him to eBay, send them copies of all emails, and they will take appropriate action.

Sorry, but just remember - if something looks too good to be true, it normally is. I would have serious, SERIOUS resevervations about dealing with this guy.

Ad

ye im slightly nervous about the whole thing! his other payment method "wire transfers" is permitted on ebay tho! have i any comeback if i receive no goods after i pay?

I say it's a con and isn't worth the risk.

If you are still not sure, do as rpger81 suggested and ask for actual photos of your camera. I'd also ask for the serial number of the camera and check it's validity with Canon if you can. You will know it's a con when you get his reply, which will go something like, "but it's already packed and waiting for me to send now!"

If you are still not sure, do as rpger81 suggested and ask for actual photos of your camera. I'd also ask for the serial number of the camera and check it's validity with Canon if you can. You will know it's a con when you get his reply, which will go something like, "but it's already packed and waiting for me to send now!"

good one. i have done that. awaiting response.

Ya, if he cant provide you actual photos of a the camera plus serial number then chances are it is a scam. Then again, it might me his own camera inwhich he then sends nothing and your stuck

Definitely a con.

As has been stated, MoneyGram (and other WesternUnion type wire services) are not allowed on ebay, he should ask for valid methods of payment if he wants to trade on ebay. Just forward the email he sent you to ebay and forget about it.

still no repsone from the "serial number and pics email" i sent him. must be a scam!! will give him the benefit of the doubt until lunch time tomorrow because of the time difference, then i will report him. thanks for all your advice on this one. appreciated.