World's Tallest Building to Rise Higher than Mount Fuji

At 13,123 feet high, the massive, mountain-shaped building envisioned by Japan's Taisei Construction Company would overshadow Mount Fuji itself by nearly 700 feet. That's the equivalent of NINE Empire State Buildings stood one upon the other!

The building, known as the X-Seed 4000, is designed to house up to one million residents on as many as 800 floors! Designers have had to consider tricky questions of temperature and pressure differentials between the base and topmost floors, and are looking to utilize solar power to solve these and other critical issues. The cost, you ask? Somewhere between $300 and $900 billion... what's that, an Iraq War or two? Couple of manned Mars missions? Quite do-able - if you're Japan, one of the world's richest countries.

One might think the Japanese government would never allow the placing of an edifice the size of the X-Seed 4000 anywhere near sacred Mount Fuji, but Taisei's plans call for the monumental mini-city to rise relatively close by, rising up upon huge caissons sunk deep into the mire underlying Tokyo Bay.

Could it happen? Well, skeptical citizens of Florence, Italy, scoffed at Leonardo da Vinci's detailed drawings of helicopters and other flying machines. Yet da Vinci's dreams did take flight, centuries later. I wouldn't rush to put down a deposit on a unit just yet, but Taisei's outrageous X-Seed 4000 proposal has the same potential to fly high.

Source

I don't know if I want to live that high. I mean an airplane ride, or two, fine. I'm afraid of heights indeed.

Also, even if I wasn't, the elevator music over 800 floors would kill me.

I think I'd be sick of the elevator music after the 200th floor ... and I'd not want to live on the 800th unless the 700th had every amenity I needed - including shopping, school, work, movies, bars etc ...

if you're on the 800th floor for more than 12hrs and decided to come down to the surface, you will die.

The pressure on the atmosphere vs the ground is very diverse.

But I'am sure the Japanese will find a way.

I've definitely seen this on Discovery channel years ago. Pretty sure that those pictures aren't from the same design, especially the second one.

Not gonna lie, that'd be pretty cool. But I just have to ask, "Why?"

-Spenser

Because Japan wasn't blessed with an overabundance of land, so there's nowhere to go but up.

wak... there will be how mush fast-food, supermarket and bars in that?

Oh, they should make an hotel at the top, so people on bottom could pass their vacancy somewhere else then their houses...

So the building will be disguised as an artificial mountain of sorts? That could be pretty cool, actually. It'd be like living underground, but you're actually far above ground...

Woah this is maddness!

So how long will it take to reach the top floor?

-10 degrees no the higest floor? :p

No this is Spartaaaaaa! :p

Back on Topic I think thats pretty crazy another icon for terrorists to aim at.

Who's gonna volunteer to do the work at the top...standing on girders 12000ft up doesn't seem very desirable...

Knowing the japanese, they'd probably automate the whole thing when it's that high up (with humans to intervene for the finer things)

I don't know if I want to live that high. I mean an airplane ride, or two, fine. I'm afraid of heights indeed.

Also, even if I wasn't, the elevator music over 800 floors would kill me.

I'm definitely not living there, I would really hate the elevator (I am claustrophobic and afraid of heights).

Guy: Hi, check this out, my house has a pressurized interior.

Guy2: Nice, hey by the way whats that smell?

Guy: No idea, but if you want to get rid of it, you turn on the ventilation fan... what the hell are you doing?

Guy2: Opening the window, gosh that smells

(Opens the window)

Guy: NOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo kkkkkkkkkkk (Faints)

Knowing the japanese, they'd probably automate the whole thing when it's that high up (with humans to intervene for the finer things)

Autobots, clean!

Not gonna lie, that'd be pretty cool. But I just have to ask, "Why?"

-Spenser

Why do anything?

lets hope they don't use the HOS!