Halo 03 |News & General| OFFICIAL

Threads Merged.

It really is not a matter of picking and choosing what news deserves it's own thread and what does not.

If you really feel it is important news, submit it to the Main News section. :yes:

Otherwise, please continue to post here, people do actually read it.

The community voted to do it all in on thread. If you have changed your minds, I will close this thread, and let the chaos ensue with 30 threads a day.

Your choice.

DL

So I know some of you know about the disc problem that plagues some of the DVD's that were shipped with Halo 3. I was unlucky enough to be one of them (even though it was working before!).

In any case ... after reading a lot on the 'net about what to do, I received some strange instructions:

• Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a saucepan.
  • Place DVD, label side down in the pan.
  • Use a wooden ladel to push the DVD below the water.
  • Wait about 10 seconds. If you notice smoke from the DVD, this is normal (I was scared when that happened, I thought it was melting).
  • Take saucepan off heat and carefully remove DVD.
  • Place DVD, label side down, on some paper towel.
  • Take a lint free cloth and gently clean the data side.
  • Your DVD should now look like new!

The funny thing is ... it actually worked for me. No longer am I getting the "Players failed to load content" error, or "Failed to load game". I can actually play Halo 3, once again! :)

I'd be way too scared to try that. My disc also got scratched, I just used some Braso, and washed it under warm water and now it works! Though you have to make sure you whipe the disc in strokes from the inside out.

I find it easy to get use to. But after playing shooters on the PC for 9 years (gah has it really been that long?! :() it's really hard to get it to a proficent level.

Don't worry, I played Pc FPS' for a good 5 if not more and I can vouch that a 360 pad is just as good. Yeah of course it'll take a little bit of time to adjust, but so it did when you first started playing on the PC.

Success, I finally finished the game. Halo 1,2, and 3 are amongst a hand-full of games I ever finished. Anyone wanting to try Co-Op? Should be fun...my gamertag is OriginalMaker

I can vouch that a 360 pad is just as good. Yeah of course it'll take a little bit of time to adjust, but so it did when you first started playing on the PC.

I have to disagree. I have a MX510 mouse, the DPI is insane, it is unbelievably accurate on team fortress 2. But the pad is sluggish and is no where as quick and dead on as my mouse.

It feels almost like I'm having to un learn in a way to be accurate with a pad. :/

Hell just froze over?

Looks quite sunny in Liverpool from here unfortunately.

01./--. [360] Halo 3 - 59,000 / NEW

02./03. [DS] Pokemon Fushigi no Dungeon: Toki - 55,000 / 440,000

03./01. [PSP] Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII - 54,000 / 649,000

04./--. [DS] Tamagotchi Petit Petit Omisecchi Minasankyu! - 54,000 / NEW

05./04. [DS] Pokemon Fushigi no Dungeon: Yami - 46,000 / 389,000

06./--. [PS2] Bleach Blade Battlers 2nd - 31,000 / NEW

07./--. [DS] English Test 2 - 28,000 / NEW

08./--. [PSP] Yugioh Duel Monsters GX - 28,000 / NEW

09./--. [PS3] Oblivion - 27,000 / NEW

10./02. [PSP] Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops+ - 25,000 / 119,000

p.s. Mods merge this if you want to. But I believe this is something *really* special.

hell.....freezing.....over?

what the ****! halo 3 (American made, on an American system), BEAT Pokemon (Japanese made, on a Japanese System)

Again with what you consider Big News, submit it to the Main News Desk. Seriously, it only helps the community on a whole as well, so truly feel free to submit it.

Just curious as well, where is the source for those Japan numbers, all I see is another Forum being linked to with a post? I cannot find the Source there.

I am sure it exists, just would help for anyone looking to submit it, which I will if you guys do not want to.

And please guys (and gals) understand, I really am not trying to be a dick by enforcing all of this.

It is just we have had a system so far, it has worked brilliantly, so I am just enforcing the system that has proven to work.

It is nothing personal, it is not I do not think certain things are big news items, nothing along those lines at all.

Just wanted to put it out there, all I am trying to do is mantain the organization we have had for the past two weeks. That is all.

I know people want the news they post to be read, but I can pretty much guarantee and tell you since I moderate this section, people are reading this thread more than any other thread.

Especially with 23,775 VIEWS!!!!

Again with what you consider Big News, submit it to the Main News Desk. Seriously, it only helps the community on a whole as well, so truly feel free to submit it.

Just curious as well, where is the source for those Japan numbers, all I see is another Forum being linked to with a post? I cannot find the Source there.

I am sure it exists, just would help for anyone looking to submit it, which I will if you guys do not want to.

Found this on the same NeoGAF thread. Looks like some blog...well I can't tell anything :p except for Halo3 on top of some chart.

http://www.inside-games.jp/news/240/24025.html

Found this on the same NeoGAF thread. Looks like some blog...well I can't tell anything :p except for Halo3 on top of some chart.

http://www.inside-games.jp/news/240/24025.html

Cool. Not sure what it says, but it is clear Halo 03 is #1 from what I see, unless they start at 10 and count down (j/k)

Before the sun sets, you will have driven Larry mad with all this merging.

Tell me about it!! :laugh:

See above, I added to my post.

It is not mad at all, just trying to keep some organization that I feel has worked quite well since we implemented it. Thats all.

Numbers will be on this link tommorow:

http://www.m-create.com/ranking/

It was a slow software week though, so it's not a big surprise that Halo sold the most (even if it wasn't that much). Halo 2 did okay in Japan too. 59,000 is approx 14% of the 360's userbase in Japan.

Before the sun sets, you will have driven Larry mad with all this merging.

Tonight he will take out his vengeance on everyone (including me) who started a separate thread. :| Look the Demon is here :o

Definitely well deserved. There's a reason this game sells like hotcakes, it's top quality all around. :)

+1

Microsoft and Bungie have put up some impressive numbers (and that's understating the fact).

-Spenser

ok ive finally got xbox live working at uni, but it does have trouble searching for games, it found 30 earlier and 0 possible, but did well on Slayer and capture the flag. got a triple kill, and also a double with a laser, that was pretty awesome. But yeh add me on Sharpy2k4 ill try get on and i should be able to connect to the game if i get invited.

How can I get the legendary ending, I beat the game in heroic, and I beat the last level in legendary too see the ending, and I don't get it. Do I have to beat the whole game again in legendary to see it?

How can I get the legendary ending, I beat the game in heroic, and I beat the last level in legendary too see the ending, and I don't get it. Do I have to beat the whole game again in legendary to see it?

I used youtube :p

-Spenser

That's pretty awesome man, thanks for that. I think I'll use one of those :)

I think I'll try to make my own as well, sort of combine the overall Gamercard info with Halo 3 Bungie.net info. Should be interesting... I've never done one of these before, but could be a good learning experience ;)

You might want to check out my old gamercard script i made way back as well, might help you some, though the code isnt nearly as clean as what I'm using on the halo stuff

http://liveinsanantonio.net/xbox/