Halo 03 |News & General| OFFICIAL

Just wanted to say I've gotten all the skull, but one. It's the Cowbell skull and I know where it is just forgot my grav lift to get it. So if you need help the ones on google do help (some sites may contain spoilers).

How can I get the legendary ending, I beat the game in heroic, and I beat the last level in legendary too see the ending, and I don't get it. Do I have to beat the whole game again in legendary to see it?

Nope, just start the last level from the last checkpoint in legendary to see it. You haved to wait for everything to go by and not press any buttons. When it goes to black for a while you'll hear Cortana speak and see the extended ending.

Hey guys, I just finished up a variant of Narrows and a gametype to go along with it. You can download it here.

I'd appreciate any criticisms. I'm looking to improve the map, but it's already pretty fun (just make sure you play with 5 or more people).

All of the Halo 3 Maps are very very good. My least favorite, Construct, is still a lot of fun in certain situations. :) I'd have to say my two favorite maps are Isolation and Guardian. :D

I think my favourites are still Valhalla and High Ground. The others don't come up very often for me to get the chance to judge. Except Sandtrap, that comes up way too much :p

I don't have a favorite. My least favorite is Snowbound. It's alright, but outside of the tunnels it's not very interesting to look at. Flat terrain, few decorators, etc. The rest are brilliant, IMO.

what the hell, we play together for the first time and nobody talks!!! drunknmunky, pure, dirty larry, skiver...plus many more, all silent. we're supposed to be friends!

why did they have to make the MP so complex? where's the team deathmatch at?

what the hell, we play together for the first time and nobody talks!!! drunknmunky, pure, dirty larry, skiver...plus many more, all silent. we're supposed to be friends!

What's so complicated about it?

well you can't just find open games, you need to do the whole matchmaking thing which takes long and isn't as immediate.

It takes long because their servers are still under stress from the number of players. Bungie has already said they're working to get things up to speed.

And I don't think you understand what matchmaking really is... there's no such thing as an 'open game', what matchmaking does is take your rank/skill and match you with people with a reasonable connection on or around the same skill/rank. The end result is a much faster, more enjoyable game than you could get with sifting through pages of 'open games' on someone's server (like in many PC multiplayer games). It will get much quicker over time...

Q: Why is the social playlist matchmaking so slow?

A: A number of enhancements are being made to playlists, including minor big fixes which will cause major improvements in matchmaking. Please mind our dust.

Bungie Edited by magik

well you can't just find open games, you need to do the whole matchmaking thing which takes long and isn't as immediate.

I don't think I've waited longer than 20 seconds to fill up a matchmade game (with the exception of the first couple days of release).

-Spenser

I can be a bit shy sometimes...:blush:

this is how you get around the age limitation.

- go to www.passport.com.

- create a new account, make sure the age is over 21.

- go to www.xbox.com.

- sign in using your new account and create a new gamertag.

- now go to your xbox and "recover" the gamertag you just created on xbox.com.

it should work fine for many of you, this is because if you create a GT in your xbox the first GT used to setup the console is used as a "master" account, but if you follow all the previous steps this will bypass that limitation... ;)

btw... you never saw this post... mmmkay? :whistle:

any of you still having issues with stuff? :happy:

Ok, played the first two levels last night for the very first time in SD on legendary.

Initial reactions: Wow, Sierra 117 is plain gorgeous. However bad level design and repetitious foliage easily confuses where your going. Main gripe though, legendary so far has been a joke. What did they do? Enemy AI doesn't seem that much more of a challenge; brutes are still bullet sponges. Increased number of enemies, of course weakened the resistance of your shields and bam, there's legendary. I don't find is so much hard as plain annoying. Hoping things get better.

S-117 is mad blast of classic halo fun; love it. The next level though suffers from the repetitious crud that made H1 boring. Why didn't they learn....

As far as the Arbiter, they really should have left him out or gave you the option of having him play by you. The character serves no purpose gameplay wise. He is constantly jumping into battle looking for kills and goes the way of the dodo way to fast in Legendary, multiple times. I'd hate to play the game casually on Easy an see him wipe the floor without any effort on my behalf. Pathetic!

Edited by GOJI_GKing2000

Is it possible to edit a map once it has been saved? I was messing around with Forge tonight but I gotta get to bed soon. I didn't want to save and submit it unfinished though so had to lose all my work.

Would be helpful to know for next time! So any thoughts?

Is it possible to edit a map once it has been saved? I was messing around with Forge tonight but I gotta get to bed soon. I didn't want to save and submit it unfinished though so had to lose all my work.

Would be helpful to know for next time! So any thoughts?

Couldn't you just save it and finish it up the next day and save it again?

yes pure you must be shy, all you said was "good game". i was talking my ass off, asking can anyone hear, of course no one said anything either way...

thanks for the explanations magik and stifler, but i do understand how it works. i just prefer the other model, where hosted games are open and anyone can walk in. let's hope the matchmaking does become more expedient soon.

on a different note, bungie's play testing apparently left something to be desired...was just playing the level where you get to fly an aircraft for the first time over water...pressed RB by accident and had the Chief plunge to his death...just as the checkpoint was autosaving...had to restart to level. beware of this if reading.

on a different note, bungie's play testing apparently left something to be desired...was just playing the level where you get to fly an aircraft for the first time over water...pressed RB by accident and had the Chief plunge to his death...just as the checkpoint was autosaving...had to restart to level. beware of this if reading.

If you repeatedly die quickly after a checkpoint, it'll eventually kick you back to the checkpoint before the bad one.

If you repeatedly die quickly after a checkpoint, it'll eventually kick you back to the checkpoint before the bad one.

Yeap, this comes in very handy. I believe the number of deaths needed to do this are about 7 or 8.

Yeap, this comes in very handy. I believe the number of deaths needed to do this are about 7 or 8.

I can remember one place where that would've been handy in Halo 2 (not because it was a difficult part, but because I was literally stuck because of where the checkpoint occurred...I couldn't proceed in the level). I think it was the level Quarantine where you're running up this snowy terrain fighting flood and baddies (lots of wraiths and those giant flying contraptions with the big shield on the front). There's also lots of crevasses to fall down. Well I fell into one once, and landed on a ledge that Bungie decided to put down there, far enough down where you couldn't get back up or get anywhere from it. Then I got a checkpoint. I was pretty ****ed :p

-Spenser

I can remember one place where that would've been handy in Halo 2 (not because it was a difficult part, but because I was literally stuck because of where the checkpoint occurred...I couldn't proceed in the level). I think it was the level Quarantine where you're running up this snowy terrain fighting flood and baddies (lots of wraiths and those giant flying contraptions with the big shield on the front). There's also lots of crevasses to fall down. Well I fell into one once, and landed on a ledge that Bungie decided to put down there, far enough down where you couldn't get back up or get anywhere from it. Then I got a checkpoint. I was pretty ****ed :p

-Spenser

Haha, well, don't mean to kick you while you're down, but Halo 2 had that feature as well. As a matter of fact, this feature has been in place since Halo 1. :p

great, now you people tell me about this!!! damn you bungie and those illlogically-placed checkpoints!

To be fair, the checkpoints aren't necessarily 'placed' at a specific point, rather after you have defeated a certain enemy or an x-number of enemies, etc. Therefore, it's fairly dynamic and sometimes unpredictable when you will get a checkpoint. Hence why they added the checkpoint rollback feature. :p

Haha, well, don't mean to kick you while you're down, but Halo 2 had that feature as well. As a matter of fact, this feature has been in place since Halo 1. :p

I dunno about that. Me and my buddy spent an hour on one checkpoint playing the Library on Co-op Halo 1. It's the part where you're locked between two giant doors in a small-ish space for a bit of time while 343GS goes to open one of them. We definitely spent about an hour dying over and over and it never took us back to the previous checkpoint.

Oh, and you're a jerk :p

-Spenser