҉ = Backwards Text in Windows

FYI: Members using this character in their profile will have it removed.

If you don't mind me asking, how come? It's just a cool fun char

/me going to add to next program he writes for class

If you don't mind me asking, how come? It's just a cool fun char

/me going to add to next program he writes for class

When you have mod permissions it changes a few things like the warning bar we have on each post.

Instead of it looking like this:

-******+

It looks like this:

+******-

Some one not paying attention who wants to change a warn level might do the exact opposite they wanted to do to the warn level, among other things.

When you have mod permissions it changes a few things like the warning bar we have on each post.

Instead of it looking like this:

-******+

It looks like this:

+******-

Some one not paying attention who wants to change a warn level might do the exact opposite they wanted to do to the warn level, among other things.

Hmmm... :shiftyninja:

:p

Funny how it works for some, but not others. I am using a Windows PC and it still didnt work?

Because it's not the ҉ character that's doing it:

It's not a bug or anything, it's a standard unicode control character required for international text display (e.g. Arabic text)

It's HEX value is 0x200F, it's opposite (left to right mark) is 0x200E, any operating system worth using supports Unicode (so that excludes 9x), and good app's should support it to (any web browser that doesn't isn't worth using, it would be horribly out of date)

Now, each OS has a different means of entering it though (OS X has a hex input mode, linux does as well i assume, and so does Windows, i couldn't get it to work though, and in trying to i broke accelerators system-wide)

Edit: Linux is apparently Ctrl+Shift+Hex and Windows is apparently Alt+Decimal with the leading 0, Windows one doesn't work for me, at all.

it does work, you just need to paste one that is already working

Copy this character at the end of this sentence, and paste, and start typing --->> ҉t

҉it does work, you just need to paste one that is already working

҉Mmm I'm starting to believe that this is just to make funof us xD... Any way, if it works, it works on other forums??

It's not just for forums it should work through out windows. Just open notepad and try, once you copy and paste the right character and then type it will instantly be backwards. For proof I could pretty much copy a huge article or something then paste the character in front and it'll be backwards.

LOL, it's not a prank, though I suspect some people thought it was and tried to go along with it.. fools! :rofl:

LOL, it's not a prank, though I suspect some people thought it was and tried to go along with it.. fools! :rofl:

You could use it as a prank by pasting it into someone's Word document or something while they're away :shiftyninja:

You could use it as a prank by pasting it into someone's Word document or something while they're away :shiftyninja:

in word it shows up as ????? but good idea tho