҉ = Backwards Text in Windows

please... won't this thread die? it's a JOKE. it DOESN'T WORK. people are writing it backwards on purpose....

Nah dude, that character does actually work...check wikipedia (I posted the link before)

Nah dude, that character does actually work...check wikipedia (I posted the link before)

That character does nothing. It's an invisible character that some people are getting with the symbol when copying and pasting and some people aren't.

Dammit, why doesn't anybody read the whole thread anymore? :cry:

The character that does this trick is a x'3f'. It works for me on forums and in notepad. But it doesn't work in Notepad ++ for me. You know it works if whatever you start typing displays backwards. I suppose this is good for those written languages that go from right to left because that is what it is doing.

҉freaky freaky stuff, it helps if you post it into microsoft word >.>҉

Hmm >.> still don't get the hang of this :s

Used to be able to post to word and it worked :s weird

Here's an idea: Copy and paste the two pipe characters below, I'll paste the symbol in-between them.

||

Ok... this works. Huh. Super-weird. I retract my gullability comments!

|| hare krishna

<speculation> This feature of the text system must exist for use in languages that are types backwards, and this character must be from a such a language set. This doesn't explain everything though.

҉Trying full reply

you are doing it incorrectly.

this symbol is inside symbol like a pair of braces ()

and you need to type inside this braces for it to work, because the symbol is invisible. and it works on all unicode supported windows and IE's

now copy the braces which are between the two pipe symbols | ҉ |

hint: copy and paste this in notepad to see the braces, and check "show unicode control characters"

an example:

do you see this backwords now?҉

Edited by Suren

҉this doesn't work

do you see this backwords now?҉

҉do you see this backwords now?҉

| ҉ just testing this **** ҉ |

҉ **** it works thanks ҉

҉ **** it works thanks i get this **** now ҉