Neowin Digital Gallery

Welcome to the Neowin digital photo gallery! Here you can post your pictures and discuss your photography techniques.

Please be mindful of our members on dial-up and try to keep the dimensions of the pics and the size of the files to a respectable size for 1024 x 768 viewers. Please refrain from quoting images in your replies.

I will also ask that you link to images on your own space, as much as possible.

Try to put more details from your camera settings and also talk about what you have done with photoshop.

There are a lot of photographers here that like your editing skills and would like to learn more.

Thanks! :hug:

Haha I was wondering why there were two entries for "Neowin Digital Gallery" in the recent posts list.

Let's see some more stuff everybody! :)

Those are all very nice accesser.

Based on your experiments, what did you find out about the flash timing? I just haven't had a chance to test it out yet.

You know what I was unable to find much difference at all between first and second shutter see for your self in these images they are originals from my camera.

1st

http://users.on.net/~jasimjen/City31082007%20_0052.JPG

Second Curtain

http://users.on.net/~jasimjen/City31082007%20_0053.JPG

I?ve got a book with some examples of using second curtain and bulb mode and they where able to get some really cool effects with movement being blurred but then also frozen when the flash went off

Their example a person riding a bike was blurred with a slow shutter at first when he came into the shot but then frozen and sharp when the flash and shutter went off really cool stuff.

Now onto September the 1st was the start of Riverfestival in Brisbane every year we have it and to kick things of we have fireworks and a dump and burn from the F1-11 jets.

It was a total hit or miss shot as I had no idea what path they would take so I just used a wide shot & I managed to get one of the jets at the start of the show

RiverFire2007_0097.JPG

File Name RiverFire2007_0097.JPG

Camera Model Canon EOS 350D DIGITAL

Shooting Date/Time 1/09/2007 7:01:10 PM

Shooting Mode Manual Exposure

Tv( Shutter Speed ) 10

Av( Aperture Value ) 10.0

Metering Mode Evaluative Metering

ISO Speed 400

Flash Off

& lots of fireworks shots

RiverFire2007_0143.JPG

went to mt st helens on saturday:

1305802342_64b9321694_o.jpg

Hu-ha! (al pacino style lol you get the idea..) That is one amazing photo!!! any high res? perhaps type in the name in photoshop and that would make one heck of a printable photo...

Any tips on how you shot it? Lenses? equipment? etc.

**hint is getting higher res possible?

edit: Or even upload it to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_St._Helens because yours is definitely a lot better than any of those on wikipedia :p

Edited by maudit

Hu-ha! (al pacino style lol you get the idea..) That is one amazing photo!!! any high res? perhaps type in the name in photoshop and that would make one heck of a printable photo...

Any tips on how you shot it? Lenses? equipment? etc.

**hint is getting higher res possible?

edit: Or even upload it to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_St._Helens because yours is definitely a lot better than any of those on wikipedia :p

I don't place high res anywhere on the web. I stretch it out a bit by posting images as large as I do right now. Problem is that a lot of ripping occurs and having higher res images floating out there makes it easier to do just that. So sorry, I won't make a high res version available and to be safe I should be watermarking the other ones that I do post for added security. I might post it on Wikipedia just so a better image is there but the only way to get a larger copy of this image would be buying a print. At that rate, I'd be able to produce up to a 20x30' for anyone interested. Thank you very much for the warm compliments though. It DOES make a wonderful printable image and I actually have a 5x7 of it on my desk at work that has been a hot item with people at work, asking where I got it hehe. The resolution of the original image is 3008x2000 at 300dpi.

that appears to be a hdr shot.

correct me if im wrong.

It's a single RAW that was shot and it has tone mapping applied but it's not a text book HDR. I have an HDR version of it but this one pops out more.

To answer maudit's question about equipment, here's the info pulled from EXIF:

Make: NIKON CORPORATION

Model: NIKON D70s

Shutter Speed: 5/300 (1/60) second

F Number: F/11.0

Focal Length: 24 mm

I used a circular polarizer, the lens is the AF-S DX Zoom-NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II. It was shot hand held.

WOW accesser, your last one is, well, WOW!!

Thanks (Y) I appreciate it

Really good MasterC.

Nailed the exposures on all 4.

+ 1 great work MasterC lots of lines and interesting things in your work great stuff what camera did you use any editing

Really good MasterC.

Nailed the exposures on all 4.

Thanks a lot :happy:

+ 1 great work MasterC lots of lines and interesting things in your work great stuff what camera did you use any editing

Thanks for the compliment! Since I'm a poor college student, I couldn't afford a DSLR, so I got a Pentax Optio T10. I really like it. (Y) And for editing, the black and white ones got a black and white gradient map, and the color one got the picture duplicated and set on soft light.

I love the first one MasterC. Awesome lighting :woot:
Master C awesome work!!!

Thanks so much guys! I really appreciate the comments, expecially coming from great photographers like you guys :yes:

Currently doing a black and white picture for each day of september challenge.

Here are the last three days;

post-59941-1189099106.jpg

Love this first one very nice silhouette and the B/W give makes it even better