Myspace to get new Homepage?

post-15395-1189733756_thumb.png

Interesting blog post by MySpace co-founder and president Tom Anderson this morning. He?s proposing a new default layout for MySpace pages that has significantly better organization of user information, and moves from a two column to three column approach.

So we?ve been working on a new home page design here. Thinking of launching this in a few weeks, but I wanted to see what people thought about. Take a look and tell me what you think

The page certainly has more of a Facebook look and feel than the existing default theme, with clearly delineated content areas and modules, and a new horizontal navigation bar across the top.

Unlike Facebook, MySpace allows users to customize the CSS of their profiles. If you really don?t want to leave MySpace but love the clean lines of Facebook, there are templates to customize MySpace to look just like Facebook.

Techcrunch[/b]ch

Thats pretty nice wonder who he sold it to and why would he sell it?...maybe the person thinks theres a buck to be made!

yeah it said sold, but maybe myspace considered it, and relised it was too hard to integrate? it's a shame, maybe myspace would have a fighting chance against facebook.

. This is MySpace. What is there to say? Once all of the 14 year olds realize that people actually see their profiles, maybe they'll spiffy up their pages.

On second thought, that's NEVER going to happen. The typical reasoning of a MySpace user is this: It's my page, I do what I want, I don't care who looks, what they think, how much I hate my page, or anything. The friend and comments counter is what counts!

Plus, if they changed around one bit of formatting, they'd need to re-educate half of their userbase about where to log in :rolleyes: /endrant/

Is this Tom being productive? :laugh: I think they should worry about the random "unexpected error"s first :p

Those are the most annoying thing about Myspace that and "fake" adds.

cant they just get rid of everyones custom code and redo the whole thing ?

either way its a start

I was thinking about that but I think a lot of people will leave myspace if they do that.

Rounded boxes? How Web 2.0 of him.

Yeah they have to keep up but after signing up with Yahoo's version of social networking I like it alot more and its a road I think Myspace should go down.

Yeah they have to keep up but after signing up with Yahoo's version of social networking I like it alot more and its a road I think Myspace should go down.

personally i think facebook has surpassed myspace, at college people were talking about facebook etc and i don't think many people go on myspace at college.

i think myspace has had its fame as "the best one" and its time to get good servers or give up and step down

Is this Tom being productive? :laugh: I think they should worry about the random "unexpected error"s first :p

What would be nice is if the fool didn't add you to his friends list on creation and if you didnt get messages about his stupid compilition cd's ect even after removing him from your list. grah.

In terms of the UI, yeah its a bit better but frankly still bad and uninspired. Still looks a mess to me.