Poll on Latest forum activity

Neowin more user friendly?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Latest Forum Activity has:

• Helped me find more posts I usually wouldn't read
    • Has had no effect on my browsing experience
    • Doesn't display right for me or doesn't work!
    • I have it in "Stopped" state so it doesn't auto-refresh
    • Made me hide it completely!

With this new feature came new code and a lot of feedback, we feel we have ironed out most bugs across the browser platform and would like your feedback on how you find Latest Forum activity area on top of the forums.

post-2-1190896919.png

Please note that if it still isn't working correctly you may need to CTRL + F5 in your browser to get the latest Javascript code from Neowin's server

Thanks for your feedback!

I like it. Makes things more mordern. and to find more posts fast. Though I do not like the home page verson. Why do you need to have latest news? We can see it clear and simple on the home page. The forums are the place where 99.9% of neowin residents spend their time.

it sorta works, but when ever i click the links it always takes me to post one instaed of the last post!

Click the blue circles next to the thread names then.

I like the feature, it has certanly helped me find threads that normally i wouldn't have found. I have also just noticed the monthly board stats above where you write threads or replys. :)

Mff. I find this link to be far more useful. Instead of a few results, you get a whole page worth.

Is there a link on Neowin to access that page?

Absolutely love the new feature. It just kind of slipped into my browsing habits when it was introduced and now I use it as my first port of call every day. (Y)

Is there a link on Neowin to access that page?
Top right of the page: "New / Active Posts", to the left of x New Messages

I am thinking that a lot of the people who love the Recent Posts area do not in fact know about the New / Active Posts links.

Perhaps they should be really big buttons or something.

p.s. Unless you regularly log out of Neowin (formally) then you probably won't notice the difference between those two links.