Big Suprise in Leopard?

They can't open OSX to PCs.

Why? Because Microsoft would buy them.

Microsoft Corporation ? one of the major competitors of the company ? has invested 16.1% of its total revenues on R&D, in the fiscal year 2007

Legally they couldn't buy them, so that's just nonsense.

I'd love to hear the details about 'monopoly law'.

Simple. Yo don't get a wad of cash when you land on Free Parking. ;)

@ theyarecomingforyou

I don't have much to say about gaming. I think part of the issue with gaming is that unless you're running a Mac Pro (closest thing you'll get to a customizable PC) Apple's computer line isn't really suited to the kind of regular upgrades required for optimum gaming. Well, assuming the PC gaming market likes to keep optimizing their rigs to keep up with increasing hardware requirements.

Perhaps the Mac market clamoring for games is not a significant segment. Although Apple has been making inroads here lately. Doesn't seem to be much demand in this area, but I could be wrong. I don't pay much attention to games these days, much less games made for/ported to Mac.

Microsoft Corporation ? one of the major competitors of the company ? has invested 16.1% of its total revenues on R&D, in the fiscal year 2007

"They" don't have to as of yet. The hackers have already made it so.

Being a monopoly isn't a crime - abusing a monopoly position to gain unfair influence in another market. It also seems illegal to use your position of monopoly power to restrict competition and ignoring laws that prohibit collusion, price fixing, and forced tie-in were illegal too. At least that's what the final decree and memorandum opinion seemed to say on the site you linked.

So, with that understanding, what exactly does that have to do with purchasing Apple (whom incidently, were found by the DOJ not to be a competitor to Microsoft in America -- by nature of market prevelance -- and in the EU -- by nature of being a 'boutique brand')?

I'd love to hear the details about 'monopoly law'.

It's fairly straight forward and well known. Something like "do not pass go" and "do not collect $200." I think if you break it you have to stay in jail for 3 rounds or something like that. And then there's something else too about doubles, but I'd have to consult a lawyer on that one, I'm not sure.

"They" don't have to as of yet. The hackers have already made it so.

Apple uses that OSX86 community as a ginny pig.wonder why they have never tired to shut them down or even, try to make it harder for the apple OS not to run on non-apple hardware. trust me they could make that happen, in the blink of an eye but they don't and leopard is so late and not revolutionary just evolutionary.

And someone tell me what is the first thing you see when you go to http://www.apple.com/

should that tell you something ........

An iPod Nano?

yes your right they don't care about there computers as much....

its all about the iPod/iphone/itouch ......

this is why leopard is late.....

Yes, that's why back in August they had the new iMac on the front page and back in July they had all info about Leopard on the front page. They so don't care about their computers!

iPhone + iPods = more money then Leopard. Phil Schiller told when we were waiting for a bus yesterday.

The big surprise in Leopard????

Hmmm.....

They'll fix the look of the dock when it's positioned on the side as at the moment it's simply crap.

20070829sidedock.png

Anything else? Maybe some extra buffing around the edges.

Hmmm.....

They'll fix the look of the dock when it's positioned on the side as at the moment it's simply crap.

20070829sidedock.png

Well how do you suppose they fix it?

Hmmm.....

20070829sidedock.png

Anything else? Maybe some extra buffing around the edges.

That dock, in its current form, looks like garbage anywhere it's placed on screen. It's Vista-level eye candy. In other words: Unnecessary.

yes your right they don't care about there computers as much....

its all about the iPod/iphone/itouch ......

this is why leopard is late.....

I guess that's why they revamped their whole iMac line.

Revolutionary design, running the world's most advanced OS.

Why are you even in here??

I guess that's why they revamped their whole iMac line.

Revolutionary design, running the world's most advanced OS.

Why are you even in here??

+1, Apple do care

Apple has had many projects this year, and even though they're a "small" company, they managed to achieve most of them in time.

- iPhone

- Apple TV

- An entire new line of iPods

- Updated MacBook Pros, MacBooks, Mac Minis, iMacs

- Updated keyboard

- Updated iWork (to include a new application)

- Updated iLife

- Soon OS X will be updated

Each of these small key points require a lot of work, it's not easy for them to work on so many projects without being able to expand yet...

Apple has had many projects this year, and even though they're a "small" company, they managed to achieve most of them in time.

- iPhone

- Apple TV

- An entire new line of iPods

- Updated MacBook Pros, MacBooks, Mac Minis, iMacs

- Updated keyboard

- Updated iWork (to include a new application)

- Updated iLife

- Soon OS X will be updated

Each of these small key points require a lot of work, it's not easy for them to work on so many projects without being able to expand yet...

Add to that:

- Final Cut Studio 2

- Logic Studio

What the hell Lasker...

On topic: Yeah I doubt we'll see anything *amazing* that we've not already seen

Wow - What ever happened to having a sense of humor?

--ScottKin