Zune 2 leaks out in three flavors

I've always said the Zune is a bit bulky. However, I was thinking about it the other day, and while it is bulky in my pocket, it feels perfect in my hand. The iPod fits well in a pocket, but feels fragile and difficult to grasp when being held. I'm not sure one situation is better than the other, but for me, I always vote Microsoft. Plus, it doesn't need to fit in my pocket, just in my car. :)

Well exactly, I don't have a Zune, but everyone should go to a store and play around with one. It feels so perfect to use in your hand, its a pleasure to use, and doesn't seem that large at all. Though I'm sure it takes space in your pocket.

That's definitely an improvement. I may be an Apple fanboy, but if the interface is significantly improved over the current Zune software, then I might find some respect for these things.

If I end up getting one, I'll do everything to use WMP11 and not the Zune software :p

Microsoft screwed up with that one for sure. They tried way too hard to match the iTunes and iPod couple. It's not like they released Zune software for mac os or linux, so wtf was wrong with wmp? Release v12 or v11.5 if you have to, but don't make another windows media player :sleep:

The Zune 30 (the 1st gen) will have a firmware update that includes all those great features that the Zune 4, Zune 8, and Zune 80 will include. So if you own a Zune and don't have the money to get the Zune 80 or any of the new ones you can get all the new features as they do.

Well I'll probably be getting an iPod for Xmas since I havent heard much about Zunes coming to Australia, but if they did and the unit was a bit smaller than the original I'd consider the 80GB one.

What I really love is the whole idea of updating the firmware to the current release. Thats something I can't imagine Apple really doing with the iPods and perhaps indicates MS is willing to support this platform despite a few ppl thinking it had gotten awfully quiet. So for the update news two thumbs up from me for MS.

Then again they lose a thumb for not bringing this to a global market for whatever reason. Add WMP support as an alternative to the Zune player and allow this to be bought globally. People WILL buy it even if the online store isn't available. Hell the iPod was available in Aus years before we got the online store.