• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

[amateur photo] Toronto at dawn

include    0

I took this photo 2 days ago...my gf tells me it's awesome (considering it's blurred, out of focus and that I'm a sucky photographer), so I thought I'd post it here.

http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/7013/dsc00012mh5.jpg

I remember that day I woke up and took a look outside my window and I saw what resembled an aurora; the sky took on a very beautiful artwork-like texture....I just couldn't pass up the opportunity.

JackBauer87    0
I took this photo 2 days ago...my gf tells me it's awesome (considering it's blurred, out of focus and that I'm a sucky photographer), so I thought I'd post it here.

http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/7013/dsc00012mh5.jpg

I remember that day I woke up and took a look outside my window and I saw what resembled an aurora; the sky took on a very beautiful artwork-like texture....I just couldn't pass up the opportunity.

Your girlfriends lying. It sucks. BUT ... not due to you. You obviously have an eye for it. Just seesm your camera cant keep up with the skill (rarely to be said). Great perspective though.

+Human.Online    8,929

I believe there is a thread "Neowin Digital Gallery" - if you post this there, you are likely to get more useful feedback than anywhere else.

Personal opinion: Nothing special. That's not a criticism, but just a photo that didn't move me at all.

M3G4    0

I think JackBauer87 is right, it had the potential to be a good photo, but a poor camera let it down. Sunrises like those are extremely pretty in real life.

include    0
Your girlfriends lying. It sucks. BUT ... not due to you. You obviously have an eye for it. Just seesm your camera cant keep up with the skill (rarely to be said). Great perspective though.

I can only do so much with a 5.2 Mpixel camera...I guess I should've tweaked the the settings a bit.

Actually, I took the photo 3 times, each time on a different setting, and this one (landscape setting) turned out the best.

rvbfan    6

To bad the date is stuck in there.Good thing for photoshop.

Damo R.    29,672

It's a cool photo taken at a cool time but yeah theres a digital camera thread you could get better comments :)

Angelic Marge    30

My Toronto pics are better see sig :whistle: :laugh:

zeta_immersion    69

These are mine from FInch/warden area ... with a 4Mp Kodak ... not that good but ok i guess

100_4489.jpg

100_4488.jpg

100_4483.jpg

100_4467.jpg

null_    4

It's a nice photo, I love the way that the sky looks...

I got really bored, decided to modify the photo, hope you dont mind :)

John S.    359

moved here

Denis W.    732
These are mine from FInch/warden area ... with a 4Mp Kodak ... not that good but ok i guess

Your first three pictures look like they were 3D rendered. :wacko: In any case, the third picture looks sweet. (Y)