Xbox 360 Fall Update

Well I just realized that it's close to that time of year, and there's been surprisingly little chatter about the next Xbox 360 major update. When do you think it'll hit, and what surprises do you think/hope Microsoft will have in store for us?

-Spenser

Most likely something to do with the Divx codec and avi streaming playback for WMC (windows media center). :D

Basically the same things as ever

More codecs

faster UI

search functionality for the market place (especially with the keypad out now)

more resolutions catering for computer LCD's

IPTV for Australia would be good too.

I can't get my xbox to connect to my pc via wmp11.

Would you know if this is a common issue?

If so, I hope there's a fix for that.

Hopefully Movie Marketplace comes to UK, more codecs would be nice too. Speeding up the UI etc along the way too.

Yeah, that has to be one of the updates. Microsoft did say they were planning to get the Video Marketplace to people outside of the US by the end of 2007. Sadly, the prices are a rip-off to rent a movie. For a HD movie, the prices can go up to 480MSP, which is $6/?3. You could rent it over here for less at Blockbuster, you get a physical copy of the disc instead of an online download, and you can get more, if you catch my drift. :ninjapirate:: Well, at least you get to keep the TV shows. If they bring TNA iMPACT! to the European marketplace, I'm sold!

i'd like to see hotkeys for music setup. it can be similar to a shift button.

for example, hitting back + a at the same time would pause/play music.

Back + B = Next Song

Back + X = Previous Song

Maybe even hotkeys for certain functions like friends list.

And the ability to change/disable the keys too would be nice in case there is ever a game that uses the button combinations.

I just want divx/xvid playback. That would make my life a hell of a lot easier.

+1 ive stated previously even if I have to pay $10 or whatever to cover the cost of providing Divx I would do it.... I love my xbmc but i see no reason why my 360 cant playback divx files... other than that.. i require nothing from the fall update

Group chat is top of my wish list. I want to be able to have at least 5 people all in the same little chat!

the only way they would add group chat would be for the dashboard only...it would be to easy to ghost in games like Gears of War if you could have your entire team in a group chat

M$ really needs to enable 16:10 support. I hope they do because its been almost two years now since most of us have been requesting it although the demand has increased significantly from what it was when 360 was launched. DivX codec would be good but i can use xvid codecs easily through wmc. (ffdshow ftw)

the only way they would add group chat would be for the dashboard only...it would be to easy to ghost in games like Gears of War if you could have your entire team in a group chat

Yeah but that thought ignores one thing, some of us game to have fun. It's like Microsoft ignores group chat just to cater to people that are obsessed with winning. I never play the public. And I want group chat. I could care less if people ghost in Gears. All I can say is that Microsoft should have coded private chat groups, and set it disabled as soon as a ranked game starts. For all the custom games I play with friends, it's annoying that we can't all talk together. And they need to swallow their pride and make a 360 web browser too.

4-6 player group chat is a must imo. When you're trying to link up with friends it can be a pain knowing what everyone is doing and letting others know if something's going wrong etc. Maybe just limit it to 4 players as if there's more than that it could eat up bandwidth, unless a push-to-talk key can be configured.

DivX/ XviD Support & im totally sold , i need to get rid of my Halo 2 edition Special Blue Xbox

would be great. I'm hating the fact I need a 3rd party program running to play xvid/divx through my 360 from my home premium desktop. It plays everything well, but the closest distance between two points is a straight line.

Well, there's screenshots/a video of clan support going around, which is good. 360 needs universal clan support, I just hope they're not silly with it and charge for things left and right. Almost every aspect of the clan can be edited. The shots from the beginning of summer-ish.

clans.jpg

Sorry for the big image. Hopefully clan support = clan match for Halo 3 and Call of Duty 4.

I'm still REALLY hoping for DivX support like everyone else. I also think a faster dashboard is really needed at this point, I don't know what keeps it so slow, but it seems like they could do something.

+1 ive stated previously even if I have to pay $10 or whatever to cover the cost of providing Divx I would do it.... I love my xbmc but i see no reason why my 360 cant playback divx files... other than that.. i require nothing from the fall update

it can if you have a program such as tversity. or transcode 360 on your desktop on the same network but not natively