How did you find Neowin?

added 9 June 2010  

862 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Royalty

Hmm... I'm not sure. It was too long ago. :p

Mr.XXIV

It didn't. It found me.  ಠ_ಠ

raider360

I guess I've been looking for a Photoshop key and asked it here on forums and immidiately got blocked for a week :rofl: So... 11 years later I'm still here. Woah, 11 years. Can't believe it.

+Frank B.

Less than a month until it's 14 years since I've created my Neowin account. Time sure flies.

How did I find Neowin? Back in the day it was the #1 source for Whistler/Windows XP news. I ended up sticking around, though not as a very active poster until 2006(-ish).

• Like 1
JustinCharlier

I found Neowin (indirectly) on Twitter. When I was following Microsoft news through the Everything Microsoft (@everythingms) Twitter account, the top two websites I always see from it were Windows Central and Neowin. And since then, Neowin has been one of my primary sources for Microsoft news!

cacoe

Probably an internet search or something, I was actually on here WAAAAAAAY back, during the Whistler phase of Windows XP. I actually had a previous account, long forgotten in the depths of time.

1ukawa

I searched some Windows 10 news, then came here.

Don Cobb

Windows 10 search for help restoring the 30 day calendar (it's gone) popped me over here. So far, Win10 forums and help have been useless to me. Microsoft forums and help have been useless too. Maybe Neowin will help me figure this out. Hope so.

JustGeorge

Long/short: I broke a LOT of ###### back in the day and needed help. Neowin frequently came up in the search results.

The Evil Overlord

I was looking for piracy software and warez :p

• Like 3
G13homi

Dumb luck!!! bing search for windows 10 apps not working, still not working but i've only spent 5 minutes on site so far. happy hunting to me

p_i_p_o

Neowin found me, not found Neowin :yes:

EonStar

On Google, you can pretty much find anything on Google.

ranjan

I was a guest searching for longhorn (a/b OS before vista) news. I don't know why I signed up.

blairchen0

By internet. I goggled for forum website, and found this good forum.

TitanRyder

Mike here, hello everyone!! Landed here from WinBuzzer! Looking to score a set of aptX compatible Bluetooth earphones, the Bienna QY8's!!

mikeleo

Found a link to NEOWIN on Blink.nu  I think or doing a search for some other software info.

• Like 1
patseguin

It was a whopping 13 years ago for me so I don't even remember. I think I was doing a search on a problem I was having with the old search engine, Infoseek.

• 2 weeks later...
KIRISHIMA

I was actually looking for a place where I could keep track of the new build releases of windows 10 after the RTM version and I came across Neowin

nevetsrolyat

I stumbled across Neowin after upgrading to Win 10, I think it was a suggested link?

I must say it was actually one of the few recommendations that was actually worth while !! I won't hesitate to recommend it to my friends either !!!!

• 5 weeks later...
Rick Permanand

I've known about this site so long I'm not sure how I found it lol