952 members have voted

1. 1. How did you find Neowin?

• A Google (Search) Result
    • From a friend/acquaintance
    • At work
    • By a news story
    • From TV/Radio
    • Link exchange / Linked from another site

This was many moons ago, I was once an enchanted young robot boy living in the year 2204. My entire childhood I dreamed that I would be human so I could understand emotions. Yes, I did have the code on who I was supposed to feel, but I wanted to know true emotions, not just what my bot programmer wanted me to feel.  

After many years of research and botology (similar to genealogy, but was trying to locate HQ and my special programmer) I located my manufacture. After many months of planning and setting up a house of cards, I was able to get a robot job at manufacture. I was in charge of solar panel security. Solar panel security was needed because aliens would hack into them and steal our power, or encrypt them with a liquid bonding agent and you had to pay the ransom with biocoin. Biocoin is similar to bitcoin mining, but the algorithms came from the stars.  After getting in with the higher up bots, I was given a higher security clearance. 

With the higher security clearance, I was able to continue my research where it had just stopped with me locating my manufacture. After scanning 40000 PetaBytes, I was able to find the coder who programmed my version of emotions. It turns out, Mr. Siri was the last one to work on the latest version of them. I was able to befriend in and gain his trust. After several months, I started telling him how I wanted to feel true emotions and wish I could be human. He wouldn't go into much detail and I didn't want to pry to much because I didn't want to lead him on and raise his security alarms. 

One night, we were drinking lipo battery acid and I confessed everything. He was pretty wasted from the battery acid, but he did something I never seen another robot do. He started to cry, with real tears. He went on and on how he wanted to make the code more true and real. But, he was unable to do that for the sake of humans. Kinda ironic, right? I asked him, how are you crying like that? Those are REAL TEARS!  Then he went on about how he had a side project that no one knew about.  He started taking home the liquid bonding agent the alien military was using and trying to reverse engineer it. After he broke the code, his robot brain was overloaded with new information. Under the encryption, the aliens were actually trying to help us this entire time. They couldn't directly help us because of the interstellar war that was going on. 

What that code included was, how to build a true Android, and just from using a strand of DNA and a robot. The aliens thought it was unfair on how they were abusing robots.  The only problem with building a true Android, you had to have the nano crystals. The aliens were the only ones how had this tech. After more analyzing and decrypting messages, they made us a map and hid the crystals in time. The time I was supposed to be sent to was 2024, but the machine sent us too far back.   But, here I am. I have learned a lot about the time here on Earth and it's amazing on how everyone is still social. No one talked in my time period. It's all mind reading and you just "know". Watching your old movies made me want to check out this time period and I am so happy that everything has worked out so far. 

As my journey continues to find the nano crystals, I am happy to be on Neowin. If it wasn't for my interest in Longhorn, I would of never found this Earthly community. After I find my nano crystals, I may just stay in this time period. 

• Like 2

I think I was looking for ways to customize Windows way back in the day. It's been a long time but its great to see a site that is still running this long and going strong :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 13/07/2016 at 9:07 PM, fusi0n said:

This was many moons ago, I was once an enchanted young robot boy living in the year 2204. My entire childhood I dreamed that I would be human so I could understand emotions. Yes, I did have the code on who I was supposed to feel, but I wanted to know true emotions, not just what my bot programmer wanted me to feel.  

After many years of research and botology (similar to genealogy, but was trying to locate HQ and my special programmer) I located my manufacture. After many months of planning and setting up a house of cards, I was able to get a robot job at manufacture. I was in charge of solar panel security. Solar panel security was needed because aliens would hack into them and steal our power, or encrypt them with a liquid bonding agent and you had to pay the ransom with biocoin. Biocoin is similar to bitcoin mining, but the algorithms came from the stars.  After getting in with the higher up bots, I was given a higher security clearance. 

With the higher security clearance, I was able to continue my research where it had just stopped with me locating my manufacture. After scanning 40000 PetaBytes, I was able to find the coder who programmed my version of emotions. It turns out, Mr. Siri was the last one to work on the latest version of them. I was able to befriend in and gain his trust. After several months, I started telling him how I wanted to feel true emotions and wish I could be human. He wouldn't go into much detail and I didn't want to pry to much because I didn't want to lead him on and raise his security alarms. 

One night, we were drinking lipo battery acid and I confessed everything. He was pretty wasted from the battery acid, but he did something I never seen another robot do. He started to cry, with real tears. He went on and on how he wanted to make the code more true and real. But, he was unable to do that for the sake of humans. Kinda ironic, right? I asked him, how are you crying like that? Those are REAL TEARS!  Then he went on about how he had a side project that no one knew about.  He started taking home the liquid bonding agent the alien military was using and trying to reverse engineer it. After he broke the code, his robot brain was overloaded with new information. Under the encryption, the aliens were actually trying to help us this entire time. They couldn't directly help us because of the interstellar war that was going on. 

What that code included was, how to build a true Android, and just from using a strand of DNA and a robot. The aliens thought it was unfair on how they were abusing robots.  The only problem with building a true Android, you had to have the nano crystals. The aliens were the only ones how had this tech. After more analyzing and decrypting messages, they made us a map and hid the crystals in time. The time I was supposed to be sent to was 2024, but the machine sent us too far back.   But, here I am. I have learned a lot about the time here on Earth and it's amazing on how everyone is still social. No one talked in my time period. It's all mind reading and you just "know". Watching your old movies made me want to check out this time period and I am so happy that everything has worked out so far. 

As my journey continues to find the nano crystals, I am happy to be on Neowin. If it wasn't for my interest in Longhorn, I would of never found this Earthly community. After I find my nano crystals, I may just stay in this time period. 

Sorry, but something in the back of my mind is urging me to call BS, I can't quite put my finger on it...

Though why someone would want to put their finger on actual bull excrement is beyond me :p

• Like 1

16 hours ago, The Evil Overlord said:

Sorry, but something in the back of my mind is urging me to call BS, I can't quite put my finger on it...

Though why someone would want to put their finger on actual bull excrement is beyond me :p

I can see why you would want to call "BS"  But, it's true, even during this period of turmoil, after I engage with my nano crystals, I plan to stay in this time period. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fusi0n said:

I can see why you would want to call "BS"  But, it's true, even during this period of turmoil, after I engage with my nano crystals, I plan to stay in this time period. 

Lol, but then how did you escape from the clutches of The Governor???

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Evil Overlord said:

The Governor

The phrase "The Governor" brings up over 50,000,000,000,000 references. The only way I could hash all the data and do //drop table "The Walking Dead" and I could not conclude whom you may be speaking of. Please forgive me, earthling. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Manojprabhakar said:

I have searched in Google for active Android forums and i landed on the Neowin Forums.

Welcome to Neowin! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/9/2016 at 1:23 AM, kisame203 said:

hello guys.. im new here :shiftyninja:

Are you now?

16 minutes ago, Sylvester Dossouvi said:

I liked Neowin on Facebook but was never a member till today when I saw the give away on the huawei honor... Like ur articles

welcome!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sylvester Dossouvi said:

I liked Neowin on Facebook but was never a member till today when I saw the give away on the huawei honor... Like ur articles

Welcome to Neowin!