[E for All] Metal Gear Solid 4 Demo Video

Gametrailers managed to get a video capture of the Metal Gear Solid 4 Demo that is in English. All Nice high quality too. It's available in 4 parts. Looks great.

Part 1: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26745.html

Part 2: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26747.html

Part 3: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26749.html

Part 4: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26751.html

Wish they would put the demon on the PSN!!!

I know this will sound again like bashing but this whole demo looks helluva boring to me. And is this whole game situated in the city? Are there any other maps besides this..I mean I want to see something more then greyscale city environment with lowres textures. Is there a reason why they are not showing anythng else?

Its a demo meant to show off MGS4 i doubt they are going to give any of the story away at this early point in development so are just showing off the same demo level theyve been showing off since E3 for people to get a feel of the game. The textures arent low res at all, they just arent pin sharp like a PC that uses AA.

I know this will sound again like bashing but this whole demo looks helluva boring to me.

You? bashing the PS3, not likely! :p

And is this whole game situated in the city? Are there any other maps besides this..I mean I want to see something more then greyscale city environment with lowres textures. Is there a reason why they are not showing anythng else?

If it was set in one place, it wouldn't be that different from previous games.

The first was wholly set in an Alaskan base, the second, ignoring the tiny portion at the beginning was set on a big oil plant thing, the third mostly in the jungle besides the small base sections.

There has never been a lot of variety in locations really.

On the trailers, while not that much has been shown of different locals, the fight between Raiden and Vamp takes place apparently in a different part of the world.

And greyscale? firstly grey scale are images that are only in whites greys and blacks, and the colours of the game are generally consistent with those of the middle east, where the game is taking place.

That would be like blaming the underground levels of gears for being greyish and dark when they are actually underground.

And like most games, they aren't going to show more than they want to simply because showing too much could ruin the game.

Look at Metal Gear Solid 2, everyone was expecting to be playing as snake, they showed little or nothing of the Raiden sections, which was then a surprise later on, not a good one though. :p

I know this will sound again like bashing but this whole demo looks helluva boring to me. And is this whole game situated in the city? Are there any other maps besides this..I mean I want to see something more then greyscale city environment with lowres textures. Is there a reason why they are not showing anythng else?

Not sure if you're aware of this, but the Metal Gear series isn't about the scenery. I mean, this isn't Oblivion where you explore to your hearts content with areas of vibrant colors and butterflies. These games have drawn their audience simply with the story alone. Hell, I wouldn't care if it even had PS2 graphics, so long as there was another chapter to the story.

Anyhow, it looks great. As Corris mentioned, I'm pretty sure they're leaving all the juicy stuff for us to actually experience, than to just throw it at us. I read up on this month's Game Informer and the gameplay is looking really good as well. If my friend didn't already have a PS3, then I'd probably buy one myself for this title alone. (Y)

Who designed it so you see a detailed view of Snakes ass ever time he walks? :x

the exact same thing has been bugging me since the first screen shots/trailers.

If this game lives up to the name; I'll definitely be buying the ps3 (damn it. so many game related expenses at the moment D: )

Who designed it so you see a detailed view of Snakes ass ever time he walks? :x

More importantly why are you staring at snakes ass instead of paying attention to whats happening in the game, got something you want to share? gay.gif

Actually, I kinda agree with you. The gameplay looked extremely boring to me. The way you can select a box or a drum from the menu for disguise and the big choice of weapons makes it seem way too unrealistic to me. Granted most games are unrealistic, but common, unlimited choice of weapons and drums. It seems a bit silly :p

Who designed it so you see a detailed view of Snakes ass every time he walks? :x

I am going to go ahead and answer my own question by saying, it was probably the same guy who added the ability to hold a statues penis in the game.

But yea, the game is looking awesome! I really love the art style.