Sony Ericsson K850i

Its the same size as the k800i pretty much, a bit shorter and a little bit wider.

ah ok, thanks for that comparison. My friend has the k800i and to me it's way too thick. think i'll stick with what i have or go for the w610i.

OK...

My car stereo has an input at the back for aux-in. It takes a 3.5mm jack.

Bought a hpm-85 or such, that basically clips into the fast-port, has an inline remote for media control, and includes a microphone.

Plug it all together with a male 3.5mm jack to male 3.5mm jack. Bingo, ?15 hands free.

All the wiring is routed behind the dash, the controls and mic are mounted. Works perfectly!

Thought it would be like that, cheers.

Gash, just found a feature I sorta wouldn't mind having...

Timed profiles. eg: Mon-Fri - 9 - 5:30 - switch to work profile.

Thought it would be like that, cheers.

Replace the part mentioned with the HGE-100, and it becomes a ?40 in-car sat nav with integrated hands free!

Gash, just found a feature I sorta wouldn't mind having...

Timed profiles. eg: Mon-Fri - 9 - 5:30 - switch to work profile.

Replace the part mentioned with the HGE-100, and it becomes a ?40 in-car sat nav with integrated hands free!

Jesus, i thought the exact same thing earlier about the timed profiles. Would be a very nifty feature.

T-mobile just released this in the UK yesterday. Luckily my contract just ended so I gave T-Mobile a call. They gave me the phone for ?10 with the same tariff. Very decent really compared to the other contracts available for this phone. Im on the Flext 35. Comes tomorrow morning will post up some HQ pics then!

I transfer my photos from K800i to K850i. The same sets of photos I use as the photo I attached to my contact names. Kind of like photo-id. Yet when I try to attach them with the contact in K850i, it says "Picture is too large, cannot add to contact". Does this means by the image dimensions or the file-size?

All my photos are resized to 240x320 which is the phone screen size anyway. :( Don't know why now cannot work.

What's the size range now for K850i? The instruction manual did not write.

Ok guys got my K850i yesterday. Absolutley love it, still getting used to the buttons but ive already got it really. Having the K750i for 6 months or so made it a lot easier for me to get used to the new layout. Heres a few pics as I promised:

img0710xs0.th.jpgimg0707iw8.th.jpgimg0708of5.th.jpgimg0709vd2.th.jpg

I had the K800i really good phone, when debranded nice and fast as well. I have had to get this sent back to T-Mobile already. The auto-lens on the camera has broken. It just wont go down no matter what I do. Atleast T-Mobile will replace it so quick can't got a day without this baby. Only down fall is I need the damn thing debranded its sloooooow atm really annoying.

Nice review :) I'm thinking of getting either a SE or Nokia next time, current (and previous) phones were Motorola (V3x RAZR and V600 respectively), nice phones but they seem to fall apart a little too easily..how about this one, is it fairly robust? depending on how cheap it is when my contract ends (mid next year) I might even consider getting that one! :happy:

Well - spent my first weekend with the phone. Here's what I have found:

1) The kypad looks annoying but becomes really usable really quickly.

2) Predictive text now predicts the next word based upon what you have previously typed.

3) The camera truly is awesome, even in very oddly lit environments.

4) SE have gotten a lot better at the PC software side of things.

5) The ticker on the main screen is handy - giving me news/weather/etc when I wake up.

6) Works very well as my new mp3/car audio player (until I get my iPod)

7) Video recording is top notch too! With good sound quality to boot. Recorded whole karaoke performances and play them back on my media centre perfectly!

Only real gripes:

1) Aforementioned lack of timed profiles.

2) Case is a little flimsy near the "hatch" - no that's unfair, it simply has a little more "give" than I would have expected. It feels totally solid.

3) Fingerprint magnet (but that doesn't bother me much)

4) Whenever I restart the device, it keeps asking if I want to format my memory card!?

Why would you do that? It's in the EXIF information - sticking some text in the corner of an image is evil IMHO!

Any decent image viewer or presentation method should be able to bring up this detail.

Just got my new 3G sim (as I was on an older style sim) and made my first video call. What a waste of time - the network clearly is NOT ready for this yet.

What network you on?

OH MY GOD. Problems!

1. My calender jump from 30 Oct to 1 Nom today. Skiping 31 Oct.

2. ^ Causing my Inbox to screw up.

3. My MEDIA menu, has no more files! No Music, no Photos, Nothing!

4. ^ When I try to access into it, my phone auto shut down.

5. Then suddenly my phone refuse to switch on when it's off.

Gosh gosh! Serious firmware problem. Looks like I need to reflash it myself for now!

GOSH :'(

Its much more slick looking than the K800i IMO. I think SE need to release an update ive noticed a few little bugs myself. My handset is being replaced today after the camera shutter never opening again since sunday! Lameness.

Well - spent my first weekend with the phone. Here's what I have found:

5) The ticker on the main screen is handy - giving me news/weather/etc when I wake up.

I have that phone on 02, where is the ticker?

OtRaS:

Add a news feed in your RSS in Messaging. One option is to show this on the standby screen.

Just a thought peeps: Does the media player from other phones ever get ported over? Just thinking about the "shake" gimmick from whatever phone it is.

Also, I have created a nice theme, will release ASAP. But can the media player interface be skinned? I find portions of it too small (album art + text).