Soulja Boy -

It's amazing how fast this became a past memory. Eurvy body wanna know how shortay got low, low , low, low, low, low, low, low. Cuz she wear dem apple%20logo.jpg bottom jeans and the boots with da furs.

Edited by Cormier6083

^ Huh?

I think this song sucks... Everything about it annoys me.

But I disagree with the people saying its killing the genre. I listen to hiphop/rap everyday, and I've never heard of this guy up until today, these guys arent killing the genre, they just come with some weak lyrics (sometimes these weak lyrics arent even written by themselves), get some ****ty manufactured beat, then the company will throw money at it until its 'hot.' This will normally consist of lots of shouting, cat and hat rhyming simplicity, black guys with the 'bling' and the crack slinging, and the 30 made up murders they have committed. I'm not being racist, its just how it is. The only white rapper to earn any proper money from this is Eminem, and hes gone and sold out aswell.

The genre itself is far from dead, especially in the UK. I dont know of that many underground artists in the US, but the ones I have heard can be pretty amazing. Immortal Technique, Mos Def, Jedi Mind Tricks, Red+Mef, Papoose, Dead Prez etc, are all still making good rap music to this day. My personal opinion though, is that UK underground rappers (not grime, thats mostly as bad as the US 'dirty south' scene) are the most underrated. Jehst, Kyza, Task Force, Verb T, Klashnekoff, etc etc, are all pretty much amazing. Especially Jehst, this guy is just ridiculously clever with imagery, metaphors, etc, and his production is definitely original.

So yeh, to conclude, the genre isn't dead, it just hides behind all the corporations.

some T.I.P ain't too bad. ;)

If you think T.I's new CD is ok, you should check out Chamillionare's new one too, Ultimate Victory. I really like it, it's the first album I've listened to in a long that that really gives hope to Rap.

most of those lyrics are about what you can do to a chick while in bed. Super soak is just basically covering her with your special goo. And a Super man is putting the goo on her back, then throwing a sheet on her back and letting it dry, walla, a cape! but ya, horrible lyrics to a horrible rap.

If you think T.I's new CD is ok, you should check out Chamillionare's new one too, Ultimate Victory. I really like it, it's the first album I've listened to in a long that that really gives hope to Rap.

I don't really like Chamillionaire's voice, I used to listen to his "Ridin Dirty" song before it become played out on the radio like crazy. T.I is a great rapper, but his newalbum failed to impress as much as his last album KING did.

He's working on a new album called "Paper Trail" hopefully its good. We will see in September 2008! :D

I don't really like Chamillionaire's voice, I used to listen to his "Ridin Dirty" song before it become played out on the radio like crazy. T.I is a great rapper, but his newalbum failed to impress as much as his last album KING did.

He's working on a new album called "Paper Trail" hopefully its good. We will see in September 2008! :D

Yeah, his voice can get kind of annoying, but I really like Chamillionaire's content on that album. I'll check out King, too. I didn't really listen to T.I. when Ridin Dirty was out, I didn't like it that much. But since I like his new album, I'll check out King.

am i the only person who thinks rap sucks???

No, on this website you will find that about 87% do. I personally LOVE rap and HATE Soulja Boy and I think people are stupid to like this ****.

• 2 months later...
lol randomn post in the early morning, I guess i sorta like the song cause the dance is fun. But it does get annoying after a while.

He beat me to it. Exactly the same for me. :)

Almost all rap nowadays is not tolerable, it's all a gimic. Since the dying of boybands and girl popstars, there has been a huge inflation of rap clones that all look alike, sound alike and have the name boy/lil'/yung in their name to give the impression that they are fresh. I'm a long time hiphop fan, i go way back with what i listen to in terms of hiphop and rap and it really is sad to hear and see all the nonsense that is filling our airwaves. The kids listen to it because it's catchy and because in their generation there really is nothing better being played on the radio. Radio's fail to play Talib or mos def or even nas to a certain point. And things like BET and MTV only make the issue worse.

Now i don't know how many of you actually have been listening to hiphop for a long time but i made a comment on my blog the other day about how things have changed. I was a big fan of gangsta rap, not that i condone violence of any sort but it more about the feeling of listening to something different, fresh or cutting edge. I was listening to music the other day and came across Eazy E - Real M'fn G'z, and it made me think that while listening to it, not only was the production top notch but the lyrics gave you a feeling that these are some serious dudes, now whether you like gangsta rap or not, the point i'm getting at is that whether it was a song like that Eazy song or whether it was a laid back song like Ghostface Killa - All that i got iz you, it left you with a feeling that the subject matter was real and it meant something, but nowadays nothing you hear is believable. I can't think of one rapper that i can believe these days, whether they are talking about guns or talking about how they grew up, i just don't believe it.

Now for the people saying that this Soulja boy song is about dancing or partying, that's nonsense as well. The kids may buy that, but i sure don't. If it were simply about making people dance, there are much better ways to achieve this other than having the same corny music, same stupid looking rapper singing the same dumbass lyrics. It's pure marketing, and it's killing an entire genre IMO. Do you really think it's a dance that people were actually doing, or do you think it was just some retarded moves that were put together to market this song as a dance craze. I mean seriously, if Janet or Michael jackson had put a label on every new dance they did in every video, it would have gotten old really quick, thus they wouldn't have been around for long. So rather then longevity being an option for any up and coming rap artist, record labels choose to give them a 1 hit gimic so that they bring in the big bucks and send the guy packing.

basically what this all means is the listener loses, the artist loses and record labels makes a quick buck.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying here and I won't type what I was going to say as it will just be repetition of whats here...

^ Huh?

I think this song sucks... Everything about it annoys me.

But I disagree with the people saying its killing the genre. I listen to hiphop/rap everyday, and I've never heard of this guy up until today, these guys arent killing the genre, they just come with some weak lyrics (sometimes these weak lyrics arent even written by themselves), get some ****ty manufactured beat, then the company will throw money at it until its 'hot.' This will normally consist of lots of shouting, cat and hat rhyming simplicity, black guys with the 'bling' and the crack slinging, and the 30 made up murders they have committed. I'm not being racist, its just how it is. The only white rapper to earn any proper money from this is Eminem, and hes gone and sold out aswell.

The genre itself is far from dead, especially in the UK. I dont know of that many underground artists in the US, but the ones I have heard can be pretty amazing. Immortal Technique, Mos Def, Jedi Mind Tricks, Red+Mef, Papoose, Dead Prez etc, are all still making good rap music to this day. My personal opinion though, is that UK underground rappers (not grime, thats mostly as bad as the US 'dirty south' scene) are the most underrated. Jehst, Kyza, Task Force, Verb T, Klashnekoff, etc etc, are all pretty much amazing. Especially Jehst, this guy is just ridiculously clever with imagery, metaphors, etc, and his production is definitely original.

So yeh, to conclude, the genre isn't dead, it just hides behind all the corporations.

Absolutely can vouch for Klashnekoff and Kyza have met em both and I really have to stress just how good Klashnekoff is :|

I listen to this guy and I realize the real truth behind his words and I'm left in awe this guy is the real deal no sell out, he self caters and could not be a more stand up guy...

Have not heard of Jehst will have to listen to him and see what he is about...

I recommend to those who want to know of the UK's take on real Rap to listen to Klashnekoff, his closest American comparison is Immortal Technique and for the life of me I could not say one is better than the other :|

And as for Soulja Boy I heard a rumor that somebody was sick of him to the point where they killed him and I was to put it less bluntly smiling for the rest of the day....

souljaboy.jpg

A Bloomington, Illinois boy was reportedly arrested on the night of Wednesday, March 19 for allegedly throwing a rock through the windshield of Soulja Boy's tour bus.

According to The Pantagraph, the 12 year old told authorities that he threw the rock at the bus because he disliked the popular rapper.

?I hate Soulja Boy," the boy told officers.

No injuries were reported from the incident.

Soulja Boy performed Wednesday at the U.S. Cellular Coliseum.

As reported earlier, Soulja Boy will be teaming up with Lil Mama for the 21 & Under tour which kicks off in South Carolina on April 11th and wraps up in Atlanta on May 11th.

Soulja Boy affiliated rapper V.I.C. will also be on the bill for the trek.

http://www.streethop.com/forums/article.php?t=113501

I keep one of hid cds around to play when the kiddys in the parking lot think thier civic's sound system is the hottest **** on earth but other than that I don't really enjoy his music, i'll stick with other hip-hop artists.

You can't just throw rock at his bus. They are hardly big enough.

On a semi related note. I found out that Soulja Boy did his production in FL Studio so I opened up a new project and wanted to see how easy it was to re-create his track. This took me less than 2 hours and doesn't sample the original at all. Enjoy.

Soulja Boy (Dj CoCo Remix)