Fisherman Finds Box With Girl's Body

TEXAS - Galveston County Sheriff's Office has received many phone calls with information about the case of the young girl whose body was found in a container near West Galveston Bay. On several occasions, all the incoming lines to the communication center have been occupied with calls.

Investigators say they have carefully scrutinized and prioritized the incoming calls.

Several callers have offered monetary donations to ensure a proper burial for "Baby Grace," while two people have offered to donate cemetery plots for the girl.

Galveston Crime Stoppers has offered to serve as an avenue to handle contributions. Donations can be sent to them at 600 59th St., Suite 1500, Galveston, Texas 77551.

Tim Miller, founder of Texas EquuSearch, has organized a vigil service for ?Baby Grace" scheduled for 2 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 4. The vigil will take place near Fat Boy's Bait Camp on the 600 block of Jones Lake Road near Galveston.

During the vigil, two Sheriff's deputies will place a cross and plaque built my Miller at the spot where "Baby Grace" was found.

Galveston County Sheriff's Department released two sketches Friday depicting "Baby Grace."

A forensic artist from Houston Police Department created the sketches of the girl, who was named "Baby Grace" by Galveston officials investigating the case.

A forensic dentist has narrowed Baby Grace?s age range to 2-3 years.

Galveston authorities have been asking for the public's help in identifying the girl and the media's help in spreading the request nationwide.

A fisherman on one of the islands along the Intracoastal Waterway called police after finding the blue plastic storage box containing the girl's body washed up on the shore on Monday night.

The girl is described as having blonde hair reaching to the middle of her back. She was 32-34 inches tall and weighed 25-30 pounds. She was dressed in a matching pink pullover top and broom skirt. She wore size 8 1/2 white tennis shoes, with Velcro closures, purple accents and little lights built into them.

Authorities say the girl's body could have come from anywhere and they have called in the FBI for help.

A preliminary autopsy completed Tuesday by the Galveston County Medical Examiner's Office found that the girl had at least one skull fracture.

Galveston County chief medical examiner Dr. Stephen Pustilnik said the girl appeared to have been dead for at least two weeks and the body was in a state of extensive decomposition. The exact time and cause of death had not been determined.

Major Ray Tuttoilmondo asked that anyone with information about the child contact the sheriff's office at 409-766-2222 or toll free at 866-248-8477.

source

My girlfriends mom was fishing at that area last week for a tournament and they found her body Halloween night, it's amazing how my girlfriends mom was right where the body was..along with about 50 other people and no one saw it.

My girlfriends mom was fishing at that area last week for a tournament and they found her body Halloween night, it's amazing how my girlfriends mom was right where the body was..along with about 50 other people and no one saw it.

Well, it was in a plastic box -- people may be used to seeing random junk wash ashore.

I don't know what really happened to the girl -- it may have been she was accidently killed on board a boat and the parents simply panicked.

I'd rather not think that she died from something sinister.

I hope she was loved and will go on to a better life. :cry:

I hope she was loved and will go on to a better life. :cry:

Loved?

Yes, because tossing your dead child into a plastic bin and throwing it into the water is the sign a loving parent.

Loved?

Yes, because tossing your dead child into a plastic bin and throwing it into the water is the sign a loving parent.

haha, spoken as if it would have been said by Dr.Phil :D

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

Police identify girl found dead in box; arrests made

(CNN) -- Authorities in Galveston, Texas, say they know the identity of a little girl whose body washed ashore in a box last month, and that the girl's mother and another person have been arrested.

Investigators believe the child they dubbed "Baby Grace" is actually 2-year-old Riley Ann Sawyers, the Galveston County Sheriff's office said in a statement.

DNA analysis is still in progress to confirm that identification.

Police say they have arrested the girl's mother, Kimberly Dawn Trenor, 19, and Royce Clyde Zeigler II, 24, both of Spring, Texas.

They are charged with injury to a child and tampering with physical evidence, police said. Their bonds are set at $350,000 each.

Maj. Ray Tuttoilmondo with the Galveston County Sheriff's office confirmed that arrests had been made and said more information would be released at a Monday morning news conference.

more

Holy crap! I live in Spring! Man this just gets crazier!

Edit:After digging around, this was actually down the street from where I live. I've been by the house a couple of times only during the summer. Well, not really their house but where they live. Man, that is insane.

Edit 2:

Kimberly Trenor, who turned 19 in August, was 16 when she gave birth to Riley and moved in with the Sawyers. "I treated her like my daughter," Sheryl Sawyers said.

Trenor was 18 when she and Riley moved into her own house in May this year, Sheryl Sawyers said.

After moving into the house in Mentor, Trenor met Zeigler on the Internet while playing an online game, World of Warcraft, Sheryl Sawyers said. They spoke for hours on the phone and Zeigler sent her a diamond necklace.

Zeigler told her that he was a project manager for Shell Oil who traveled around the country, according to Sheryl Sawyers.

Source: Chron

Edited by UND3RxOATH