What settings should I change

Hope someone can help a camera novice please.

I have a Panasonic Digital Camera which has several modes for taking pictures.

One of them is 'action' which can take nice sharp pictures like the following in daylight...

Dock.jpg

the trouble is when i want to take indoor action shots like below. I guess it must be the internal lighting that is causing the problem what can do to improve the sharpness of the shots ?

Dock-1.jpg

TIA

You need to increase the shutter speed/ISO I believe. Don't set it too high though or you will have a lot of noise in your photos.

Nothing like setting the ISO high to have photos of planes with the propellors not moving :rofl:

I think you mean shutter speed...the iso just adjusts the sensitivity of the sensor, so it can take photos in less light...setting the iso higher won't affect a shot enough to freeze a propeller in motion, unless it was at maybe iso 36000 or something. To freeze a propeller you need at least 1/500-1/1250th of a second shutter speed. Unless you're shooting planes indoors in the dark (?) most of the time outside you're gonna be shoting at either a wide aperture or a fast shutter speed cuz its gonna be bright.

ISO speeds are only gonna give you a couple stops of exposure either way, so if you go from 1/125 - 1/250, you can one stop.