wtf! How many dead accounts are there?

I was just browsing through the birthday members list , and like almost all of the accounts listed had a 0 post count , that means almost everyone who signs upto neowin doesnt actually contribute

:cry:

I was just browsing through the birthday members list , and like almost all of the accounts listed had a 0 post count , that means almost everyone who signs upto neowin doesnt actually contribute

:cry:

Perhaps, these are what we call........

Observers....

Shy People...

People who come for information.....

Etc...

I had a 0 post count from Dec. 2001 to like Sept. 2002 or something. I only ever registered to use the Search function, since it kept asking to sign up to use it. :)

Maybe most will get around to posting eventually.

Try to think positive, e.g. many of these lurkers are pains in the arse who will troll on the board if they start posting etc. Also, we have enough people trying to post "LOL", "Congrats" and other one-word posts in order to increase their post count to 1000 and so on.

My $0.02.

:ninja:

Try to think positive, e.g. many of these lurkers are pains in the arse who will troll on the board if they start posting etc. Also, we have enough people trying to post "LOL", "Congrats" and other one-word posts in order to increase their post count to 1000 and so on.

My $0.02.

LOL

:p

My $0.02.

LOL

Speak of the devil lurkers and they shall come :devil:

Dammit! You stole my joke! :D

But seriously, it's just how things work. We don't require people to post, but lots of people sign up just to have an account without the intention of posting.

actually that kinda reminds me of some other forum I went on , some guy got me to sign up when he set it up for testing and I was like member #3 or something , I forgot about it for over a year when there was like 300 members and people with 1000+ posts, I posted something or other and everyone was like "wtf are you" hehe

well as long as you don't start deleting them

a very big site (hard***.com) started deleting accounts because they thought they were inactive... bye bye went my account... i was quite upset about that :cry:

Yea empty or non active accounts don't harm the site in anyway so why do we need to delete them, and as Fotix pointed out his account was idle for almost a year! yet he still enjoyed the features of being logged in (unregged can't see any sig, avatar and attachment images I believe and don't have the "My Neowin" menu on the front page)

yup, i am an half lurker/poster. i don't post very much because i don't think a "LOL" would add to the informationalness (is that a word) to the thread :)

Edited by als345

a very big site (hard***.com) started deleting accounts because they thought they were inactive... bye bye went my account... i was quite upset about that :cry:

LOL ROTFLMAO :p :laugh:

Yea empty or non active accounts don't harm the site in anyway so why do we need to delete them, and as Fotix pointed out his account was idle for almost a year! yet he still enjoyed the features of being logged in (unregged can't see any sig, avatar and attachment images I believe and don't have the "My Neowin" menu on the front page)

We'd probably drop under the 20,000 mark that we passed a while ago if accounts were deleted :cry:

a very big site (hard***.com) started deleting accounts because they thought they were inactive... bye bye went my account... i was quite upset about that  :cry:

LOL ROTFLMAO :p :laugh:

whats so funny :unsure:

LOL ROTFLMAO :p  :laugh:

whats so funny :unsure:

He is just giving an example of people who post only LOL and other crap to have skyrocketting post counts...

:blush:

• 1 month later...
yup, i am an half lurker/poster. i don't post very much because i don't think a "LOL" would add to the informationalness (is that a word) to the thread :)

You post more than I do, so be happy :)

My $0.02.

LOL

there is always one that does that whenever this topic comes up :cool: