Hey,

I'm not sure what's happened but my Dashboard has disappeared since 10.5.1 update :( I can invoke it by F12 but the icon in the Dock no longer works and displays the "?" when clicked and there is no Dashboard app in my Apps folder. :blink: :(

Try searching Spotlight.

OK. Well I enabled Guest Account access and Dashboard is still not there :( Although it can be invoked by F12. Very strange indeed. :(

Strange scenario and I hope someone is going through this so I don't feel stupid. I updated to 10.5.1 and had no probs. Then I decided to reformat my hard drive and reinstall Macos 10.5. Now it won't recognize the dvd. It keeps spitting it back out. FYI, these are copies of the original disk. I tried three of them. Still same result. I reinstalled Tiger and no prob. It won't even read the disk. They are all dual layer disk from memorex. All my Memorex mac disk work. Cmd c won't load anything. I'm stumped. Any ideas???

Strange scenario and I hope someone is going through this so I don't feel stupid. I updated to 10.5.1 and had no probs. Then I decided to reformat my hard drive and reinstall Macos 10.5. Now it won't recognize the dvd. It keeps spitting it back out. FYI, these are copies of the original disk. I tried three of them. Still same result. I reinstalled Tiger and no prob. It won't even read the disk. They are all dual layer disk from memorex. All my Memorex mac disk work. Cmd c won't load anything. I'm stumped. Any ideas???

Can you not use the original DVD?

Use the original disc, not a copy.

Radish?

FWIW. I managed to restore my missing Dashboard app from my Time Machine backup. I am still not sure why it disappeared after updating to 10.5.1 though.